By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan as a "region" on VGC?

The biggest market doesn't have its own yet you feel UK does.

Japan is gaming, it's just more important and so different than any other areas. It's a force on its own.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
Netyaroze said:
@playstaiongamer

NA EU and AS would be a good idea I would support this . But the consoles are up there because they are the same gen consoles if the PSP would almost stop selling it would be up there too.

thanks mate

dont understand at all why its not Asia. japan is under it so makes alot of sence seeing as it gives us a better know of the systems selling where as a hole

Europe being by itself and Americas is better and Others being the 4th may be small but all together it would rack up and we could see how the rest of the world who dont really play games is getting bigger ect

mm i guess, i would just like to see it there as its still on the market but the Europe, Americas, Asia and others is the most important! 

cheers for replying me mate

I suggest that we need a breakdown of hardware sales in America like we have for Others

The UK is similar to pretty much the rest of the world other then Japan. The Japanese are different when it comes to buying video games.

It would be boring if it was just America, Others, and UK

TWRoO said:
Ajax said:
kowenicki said:
hatmoza said:
Out of curiosity Kowenicki, what are PS3 Vs 360 sales in the UK alone?

OT I like it the way it is. Three is a charm ^_^ and honestly, I think it would just be more fuel for the console wars on ze forums. Breaking down sales to more regions or categories is not going to help your future arguments which is why I ask that question, so it wasn't curiosity - more like "I see what you did there."

whatever

fact is UK is just as important as japan imo.  and europe is farrr more important.

UK is not more important than Japan;

1. there are hundreds of games made every year specifically for the Japanese market, there are no games made specificially for the British market.

2. succes in Japan will trigger more game development for that succesful platform. Succes in the UK will not make developers make more games for that platform because of the UK.

Not much of what happens in the UK has an influence on developers and publishers. What happens in Japan has much influence.

UK can be seen as a region of NA basically. The taste of the gamers in the UK is much more American than in the rest of Europe.
A reason why the UK is the ONLY sales region/country within Europe where the 360 leads the PS3. And leads significantly.

So developers and publishers probably will include the UK in their strategy for the USA in some way. 

Yes there are... PS2, Wii and DS in particular have UK specific games... nothing compared to Japan of course... I think there were 5000+ unique PS2 games for Japan, but only 3000 for PAL and 2500 for Americas.

That's 3000 for PAL, not for the UK. So how many are there approximately made only for the UK? I have no clue. But it can't be many I guess.

About the Others flag:

an EU flag is not right someone said, because Others is more than the EU. But why a globe? 'cause the world is more than Others. Same situation but the other way around.

Because Europe makes up the major part of the Others sales, I think the EU flag is well justified.

''Hadouken!''

Around the Network
PlaystaionGamer said:
Netyaroze said:
@playstaiongamer

NA EU and AS would be a good idea I would support this . But the consoles are up there because they are the same gen consoles if the PSP would almost stop selling it would be up there too.

thanks mate

dont understand at all why its not Asia. japan is under it so makes alot of sence seeing as it gives us a better know of the systems selling where as a hole

Europe being by itself and Americas is better and Others being the 4th may be small but all together it would rack up and we could see how the rest of the world who dont really play games is getting bigger ect

mm i guess, i would just like to see it there as its still on the market but the Europe, Americas, Asia and others is the most important! 

Are there any reliable sales of other Asian countries besides Japan?
Are there Korean, Phillipine, Indonesian, Chinese or Indian sales available?

''Hadouken!''

NA is basically USA,Canada...Only the South/Central part of it play,so its not really significant

Ajax said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
Netyaroze said:
@playstaiongamer

thanks mate

Are there any reliable sales of other Asian countries besides Japan?
Are there Korean, Phillipine, Indonesian, Chinese or Indian sales available?

dunno, there should be!

well we shall have to wait and see when SONY release the numbers, last time they did VGchartz where around 1 million below what PS3 had sold, but on the hole its usually very very close! 

shame MS, Sony and the big N dont show everything 

kowenicki said:
hatmoza said:
Out of curiosity Kowenicki, what are PS3 Vs 360 sales in the UK alone?

OT I like it the way it is. Three is a charm ^_^ and honestly, I think it would just be more fuel for the console wars on ze forums. Breaking down sales to more regions or categories is not going to help your future arguments which is why I ask that question, so it wasn't curiosity - more like "I see what you did there."

whatever

fact is UK is just as important as japan imo.  and europe is farrr more important.

That's the funniest freakin' thing I've read on Vgchartz in a while.

LOL at Kowenicki!

Why can't we just have;

West
Mid
East

..or

NA
EU
Oriental
Others

..or

US