By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan as a "region" on VGC?

kowenicki said:
psrock said:
MontanaHatchet said:
kowenicki said:
hatmoza said:
Out of curiosity Kowenicki, what are PS3 Vs 360 sales in the UK alone?

OT I like it the way it is. Three is a charm ^_^ and honestly, I think it would just be more fuel for the console wars on ze forums. Breaking down sales to more regions or categories is not going to help your future arguments which is why I ask that question, so it wasn't curiosity - more like "I see what you did there."

whatever

fact is UK is just as important as japan imo.  and europe is farrr more important.

That's the funniest freakin' thing I've read on Vgchartz in a while.

LOL at Kowenicki!

Seriously though, who discusses the UK  in this site or other site beside the numbers on monday. The best threads on here and gaf is about Japan. The only interesting thing about UK sales is how simular the buying trend is to the US. While we had this year alone:

Wii vs PS3

Monster Hunte 3 ( failure or success)

PS3  Slim ( 150k )

Dragon quest ( 4 million and up)

FFXIII

and more

It's just more to Japan to talk about.

arrogant and insular much...?

yeah lets just talk about the US and Japan, ban everyone from outside those regions and have down with it.. ffs.

So far the main reason for Japan seems to be that it has odd buying habits and makes loads of games for its own market... great. 

How many really succesful or innovative games have there been from Japan this gen for the HD machines? 

The HD machines arent successfuL in JAPAN.

" DEMON'S SOULS"

Japan is game and if you don't see that, my arrogance is just not strong enough.

"Bayonetta" ( which a lot of fans have been bragging about)

I am not a big fan of most Japanese games, I don't play RPG's, but I certainly understand how important Japan is to gaming. And it's the home of Nintendo, Capcom, SE, Sony, Sega.........It's the home of gaming.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

I think it's a fact you shouldn't take everything too seriously imo kowenicki.

''Hadouken!''

kowenicki said:
MontanaHatchet said:
RolStoppable said:
MontanaHatchet said:
kowenicki said:

whatever

fact is UK is just as important as japan imo.  and europe is farrr more important.

LOL at Kowenicki!

What do you find more funny? That he said that the UK is just as important as Japan or that he started the sentence with "fact is" and ended it with "imo"?

The latter.

Kowenicki must be getting flustered because we don't always agree with everything he says. Poor guy.

unlike you i dont expect people to always agree with me....

Well you sure are complaining a fucking lot about it.

See? I can use F words too.

Don't flatter yourself *rolls eyes pretentiously*

Japan is home of 2 of the 3 consoles this gen as well as BOTH handhelds. This fact alone gives it more reason to exist by itself than the UK. When the UK creates the Queen Home Entertainment System (QHES) and the Queen Developers System (QDS) they would be deserving of their own place on the site.

kowenicki said:
psrock said:
kowenicki said:
psrock said:
MontanaHatchet said:
kowenicki said:
hatmoza said:

OT I like it the way it is. Three is a charm ^_^ and honestly, I think it would just be more fuel for the console wars on ze forums. Breaking down sales to more regions or categories is not going to help your future arguments which is why I ask that question, so it wasn't curiosity - more like "I see what you did there."

whatever

LOL at Kowenicki!

Seriously though, who discusses the UK  in this site or other site beside the numbers on monday. The best threads on here and gaf is about Japan. The only interesting thing about UK sales is how simular the buying trend is to the US. While we had this year alone:

Wii vs PS3

PS3  Slim ( 150k )

FFXIII

and more

yeah lets just talk about the US and Japan, ban everyone from outside those regions and have down with it.. ffs.

So far the main reason for Japan seems to be that it has odd buying habits and makes loads of games for its own market... great. 

How many really succesful or innovative games have there been from Japan this gen for the HD machines? 

" DEMON'S SOULS"

Japan is game and if you don't see that, my arrogance is just not strong enough.

I am not a big fan of most Japanese games, I don't play RPG's, but I certainly understand how important Japan is to gaming. And it's the home of Nintendo, Capcom, SE, Sony, Sega.........It's the home of gaming.

well thats 2.... can I counter those with LBP and Fable2...? both from the UK and both far more innovative AND succesful.

I can counter THOSE 2 with Wii Sports and Wii Fit, both from Japan and both far more innovative and successful.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
MontanaHatchet said:
kowenicki said:
MontanaHatchet said:
RolStoppable said:
MontanaHatchet said:
kowenicki said:

whatever

LOL at Kowenicki!

What do you find more funny? That he said that the UK is just as important as Japan or that he started the sentence with "fact is" and ended it with "imo"?

The latter.

Kowenicki must be getting flustered because we don't always agree with everything he says. Poor guy.

its called a debate.... you know... people of differing opinions expressing them.  jesus.  go away of you dont like the thread or my tone.  we can survive without you.

Kowenicki, I've never liked you or your tone as much as I've tried (and believe me, I've tried).

Now, I could debate with you (you can check another one of your posts that I responded to), but not many people agree with you. I certainly don't.

kowenicki said:
MontanaHatchet said:
kowenicki said:
psrock said:
kowenicki said:
psrock said:
MontanaHatchet said:
kowenicki said:
hatmoza said:

whatever

LOL at Kowenicki!

Wii vs PS3

PS3  Slim ( 150k )

FFXIII

and more

" DEMON'S SOULS"

well thats 2.... can I counter those with LBP and Fable2...? both from the UK and both far more innovative AND succesful.

I can counter THOSE 2 with Wii Sports and Wii Fit, both from Japan and both far more innovative and successful.

read back.

Whoops, my mistake.

Resident Evil 5

Street Fighter 4

Metal Gear Solid 4

Dead Rising

Need I go on?

kowenicki said:
this forum diminishes by the day.

Your kind of insulting Japan's dominance on a site full of Nintendo fans (Japanese manufacturers), Sony fans (Japanese manufacturers), Japan lovers, RPG and JRPG lovers (alot of these made in Japan) and Anime fans (from Japan I think? I dont really know, as far as Im concerned its goofy bullshit for strange people trying to re-live their childhood, thats my opinion, its not fact, and no offense anyone).

So yea, what did you expect?

I still like your idea though.

kowenicki said:
MontanaHatchet said:
kowenicki said:
MontanaHatchet said:
kowenicki said:
MontanaHatchet said:
RolStoppable said:
MontanaHatchet said:
kowenicki said:

whatever

LOL at Kowenicki!

The latter.

its called a debate.... you know... people of differing opinions expressing them.  jesus.  go away of you dont like the thread or my tone.  we can survive without you.

Kowenicki, I've never liked you or your tone as much as I've tried (and believe me, I've tried).

Now, I could debate with you (you can check another one of your posts that I responded to), but not many people agree with you. I certainly don't.

I know.... such is life.  I dont like yourt arrogant and frankly insulting tone either... but you seem to get away with it.  quits.

Good, we have an understanding of a mutual hatred then. Frankly, it isn't even your tone that bothers me. I'd just be happy if you'd admit your biases and stopped being so passive-aggressive all the time with your posting. And then, maybe I'll take your criticisms into account.

kowenicki said:
Ssenkahdavic said:
Japan is home of 2 of the 3 consoles this gen as well as BOTH handhelds. This fact alone gives it more reason to exist by itself than the UK. When the UK creates the Queen Home Entertainment System (QHES) and the Queen Developers System (QDS) they would be deserving of their own place on the site.

you see thats a good point without any insults.  but can i repeat that i said Japan STILL SHOULD BE THERE ON THE FRONT PAGE!

You sure did and I never said you did not.  Its more of why one is there and one is not.