By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony- Desperate or Aggressive

FishyJoe said:
Enos you need to quit making things up unless you want to join all the other user names you've been banned under.

and this shows the mods/this site for what it is.

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/format-war/every-99-hd-dvd-player-losing-500-319172.php

Every $99 HD DVD Player Losing $500

No matter how right you are, only negative psots about anything sony allowed.

Around the Network

Surprise!

Honestly, the sheer quality of the PS3 games on a TV can't match it in a computer.

Sony has to be aggressive right now. Microsoft is better positioned this holiday season than Sony is. If Sony not only continues to be outsold by Microsoft, but the margin of difference grows, then 3rd parties developers will be giving any future exclusives to the 360 instead of the PS3.

They simply cannot be seen as falling behind, or the perception will be it's stuck in 3rd place forever, which then becomes a self-fulfilling reality as buyers and developers flock to the 360.

And Wii is simply beyond Sony's reach altogether right now.

wasRight said:
FishyJoe said:
Enos you need to quit making things up unless you want to join all the other user names you've been banned under.

and this shows the mods/this site for what it is.

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/format-war/every-99-hd-dvd-player-losing-500-319172.php

Every $99 HD DVD Player Losing $500

I'm not going to say that you aren't correct, but that link you listed showed the cost to produce that player back in 2006.  I imagine it has become much cheaper for them to produce since then.

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

Well they are desperate so they have to become aggressive to survive :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

This holiday season is what will make or break the PS3, if it doesn't pull through like Sony would hope this christmas then expect a somber announcement from Sony in the early part of next year.

Heavy advertising is not a sign of desperation, otherwise we'd all think that Budweiser was about to go broke. It's peak sales season beginning very soon and what better time to hit the consumers with a heavy marketing campaign then by advertising heavily shortly before the holiday rush starts so that people will be able to make up their mind on what they want for Xmas?

Now.... can Sony combine their ad's and include Peyton Manning in it. I think they can. :)

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

Onimusha12 said:
This holiday season is what will make or break the PS3, if it doesn't pull through like Sony would hope this christmas then expect a somber announcement from Sony in the early part of next year.

Sony will not, and I repeat, will not discontinue the PS3 and give up.   They are in a better financial situation then Sega or Atari was and will continue on even if sales barely miss their targets.   To claim that they will shows a deep seeded hatred for a particular console. 

Sony also would not give up on the PS3 especially prior to 2008's huge mega titles are expected to hit the market.  Just sit back and keep denying the growing beast that is the PS3 and it's march to dominance taking shape. 

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

jjseth said:

Sony will not, and I repeat, will not discontinue the PS3 and give up.   They are in a better financial situation then Sega or Atari was and will continue on even if sales barely miss their targets.   To claim that they will shows a deep seeded hatred for a particular console. 

Sony also would not give up on the PS3 especially prior to 2008's huge mega titles are expected to hit the market.  Just sit back and keep denying the growing beast that is the PS3 and it's march to dominance taking shape. 

Please define "dominance" and "taking shape".

Oh you mean the hyped up monster that is Killzone which will be average and the perv- oh wait that was delayed.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you