By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony- Desperate or Aggressive

EnosStory said:
kn said:
This is "agressive" behavior by Sony to get consoles sold. Cutting the price of their various SKUs as well as ramping up marketing is aggressive. Period.

On the other hand, Toshiba is doing the same thing with their HD-DVD players but apparently their acts are acts of desperation and not agression.

I'm at a loss to tell which is which so I can't help you.

losing more $ on hardware then the revenue it brings in = desperate.
losing $100/150 on a $600 product to sale more = agressive.

Very simple unless your pro bais towards MS side of things.

Is that sarcasm?  I can't tell.  How are those two any different?  I'm not biased.  I hate Microsoft with a passion but I just happen to like my 360 because of the game selection.  I like my Wii and playstation 2 also.

The only way you can separate the two above is if, in fact, you are the biased one.  Either one can be an act of desperation or an act of agression depending on the business scenario. 

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Around the Network
EnosStory said:
cowbourne said:
EnosStory said:
kn said:
This is "agressive" behavior by Sony to get consoles sold. Cutting the price of their various SKUs as well as ramping up marketing is aggressive. Period.

On the other hand, Toshiba is doing the same thing with their HD-DVD players but apparently their acts are acts of desperation and not agression.

I'm at a loss to tell which is which so I can't help you.

losing more $ on hardware then the revenue it brings in = desperate.
losing $100/150 on a $600 product to sale more = agressive.

Very simple unless your pro bais towards MS side of things.

You basically said the same thing, but your bias leads you to two different conclusions. We don't know if Toshiba or Wal-Mart were taking the loss on the $100 A2's. We do know, however, that Sony is taking a loss on every PS3 that is sold.

If Toshiba is footing the bill on the losses for the A2, then it's the exact same thing. They are both losing money to sell a product. There is no difference whatsoever. If Toshiba is desperate, then Sony is desperate too. Your differentiation does not make sense at all, because they are, again, the exact same scenario. Hopefully you can see this fallacy in your little argument.

Toshiba is losing MORE money then the A2 sales bring in revenue, do you not understand that ?

Really, you know this for a fact?  You got a source?  Or, did someone on SDF tell you this was so.  How do you know how much it costs Toshiba to make the A2 for?  For all you know, they might have already broken even on them, and they can sell these so cheap it doesn't matter.  Just because they dont still sell them for more, doesnt mean they are automatically losing money, or alot of money at that.  It has become aparant to me, and what appears to be everyone else, that you have no idea what you are talking about, becuase you have so much bias you can't see two feet in front of you.

Currently Playing:

PS4 - Killzone:SF and Assasins Creed 4

XBox One: BF4, CoD:Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5

Changing channels with my voice: priceless!!!

Advertising means you're desperate?

Enos you need to quit making things up unless you want to join all the other user names you've been banned under.

No desperation, it's just the Christmas rush, is all. The mass ad campaigns are starting up, plus the $399/399EUR model is hitting the streets. Sony has been executing its integrated platform and media strategy quite efficiently.

I am surprised they moved to the $399 model so quickly. I assumed they would do that next spring. But that's not about desperation in the games biz - Sony still has a solid 40% of home console market share. I think they wanted a machine which would push sales of BluRay and HDTV for the holidays.

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:
Enos you need to quit making things up unless you want to join all the other user names you've been banned under.

Making what up.

A2 cost around $300, selling it at 100 = that they lose more money on it then the revenu that pric ebrings in.

what names, and prove it bud.

Or just say any one not pro wii is seen as a enemy by you.

DP

Currently Playing:

Again, want to provide a source for the A2 costing toshiba 300?

Currently Playing:

Desperation, Sony knows their Christmas lineup is the weakest of the 3 so they've slashed prices and dumped a ton of money into advertising. This is a really important Holiday season for the PS3, if the Wii and 360 further extend their lead Sony will lose even more 3rd party support.

Desperate...

They need hype, they need to create a real demand for this holidays... they need sales...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."