By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony- Desperate or Aggressive

well, i have seen many ps3 commercials (more then Peyton manning ones, wtf?), ads in magazines, and even a billboard(can you believe that???), so i want to know, is sony starting to learn how the other companies are selling consoles or are they desperate for sales>  

xbox 360, ps2 are my consoles 

end of generation predictions: wii 106 million Xbox 360 59 million PS3 57 million  

Around the Network

So the question breaks down to this:

Does Sony want to sell consoles, or does Sony want to sell consoles?

I think the answer can be answered with a simple "Yes".

Blackhawk FSI said:
well, i have seen many ps3 commercials (more then Peyton manning ones, wtf?)

lol, who would of thought any product could be sold moreso then Peyton.

well if you put that way, your right

im probably gonna get flamed for this thread....

end of generation predictions: wii 106 million Xbox 360 59 million PS3 57 million  

Well Montana's got it right on...

@Blackhawk

what do you think??

SONY is losing in all 3 markets.....40GB has been questionably accepted..

Their Desperate & hence are getting aggressive....

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

Around the Network

Maybe they just want to sell some consoles, I don't think desperate is the right word for that because in that case, Microsoft and Nintedno would also be desperate. They all have commercials out... I think it is just that Sony has finally smartened up... also, it is christmastime.

Desperate is probably the wrong word but I think the reality (or gravity) of the situation is starting to dawn on Sony ... Realistically, third party publishers are probably putting a lot of presure on Sony and require (very) good holiday sales in order to continue supporting Sony on the level they have.

I could be wrong, but if the PS3 has not sold 8 Million units worldwide by January 1st 2008 they will be in a lot of trouble

Its November a freaking 1/4 of the sales for the year happen in these two months. WTF are you thinking that they wont step up their ads and commercials for the holidays ?

troll thread, MontanaHatchet you should close it.

This is "agressive" behavior by Sony to get consoles sold. Cutting the price of their various SKUs as well as ramping up marketing is aggressive. Period.

On the other hand, Toshiba is doing the same thing with their HD-DVD players but apparently their acts are acts of desperation and not agression.

I'm at a loss to tell which is which so I can't help you.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

(sigh) enos....