By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony fighting back?

Xbox had all the Madden adds. 

Lately all the Multi-platform advertisements i've seen have had the PS3 bumper at the end of it.  Is Sony fighting back for the rights to the back of the adds?  They'd have to be right?  Otherwise you'd expect the backs to go the the 360 which sells the most software or atleast the Wii since that might be the hot X-mas item this year.

Around the Network

The Simpsons game ads here in UK end with showing the PS2 version only.

Apparently the Assassins Creed ads show only a PS3 logo at the end.

Sony is obviously now doing what Microsoft have being doing for a long time, paying part of the advertising budget for the devs in order to promote the game on their specific console.

TWRoO said:
The Simpsons game ads here in UK end with showing the PS2 version only.

Hm, interesting.  The ones in the US by me show only the PS3.

Sony is focusing on winning the U.S. market. It's no secret that Sony is tanking in the U.S., so they are using their ad bucks here ... and not so much overseas. They have already figured Euro and Asian gamers are gonna buy their crap anyhow ... in the U.S.? Not so much ...

Around the Network

Simpsons: PS3, PS2 & PSP where I am

IN Holland you only see PS3, PS2, PSP for FIFA 08

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

madskillz said:
Sony is focusing on winning the U.S. market. It's no secret that Sony is tanking in the U.S., so they are using their ad bucks here ... and not so much overseas. They have already figured Euro and Asian gamers are gonna buy their crap anyhow ... in the U.S.? Not so much ...

At least try not to sound biased.

I dont see a lot of advertising for the PS3 here in France (HS only)
But I dont see a lot of advertissement for the Xbox360 neither (Halo3/PGR4 a little).

I only see Nintendo with the DSlite and the Wii (Metroid Prime 3 with the pretty blond girl :))

Time to Work !

yeah i have seen that--what happened to the old days where you would see the commerical then like five screens of game systems it would be on