By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Steam Holiday Sale has begun

salaminizer said:

and while Valve prints money, what was supposed to be its biggest competitor is also thriving with sales and games:

http://www.microsoft.com/games/en-us/games/Pages/sales.aspx

Shadowrun for 50% off!!!??!!??!?!!?!?!?!

I'm SOOOOO there :P

Woot, 6 games for $18!

Around the Network

after such an awesome first day, obviously the second day isn't that great, but still good enough:

Left 4 Dead 2 for $33.50 (it goes down to $25 if you buy the bundle with 4 copies)

NFS: Shift for $37.50 (greedy EA!)

Football Manager 2010 for $29.99

Serious Sam HD for $9.99 (I don't really see a reason for an HD remake except for hyping Serious Sam 3, which btw is gonna be very different from the other games)

id Super Pack for $23.79, this one is one hell of a deal even if more than 80% of the games are from the last decade lol

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

after such an awesome first day, obviously the second day isn't that great, but still good enough:

Left 4 Dead 2 for $33.50 (it goes down to $25 if you buy the bundle with 4 copies)

NFS: Shift for $37.50 (greedy EA!)

Football Manager 2010 for $29.99

Serious Sam HD for $9.99 (I don't really see a reason for an HD remake except for hyping Serious Sam 3, which btw is gonna be very different from the other games)

id Super Pack for $23.79, this one is one hell of a deal even if more than 80% of the games are from the last decade lol

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

I picked up Serious Sam HD as I can't get my original copy to work with Vista/ W7 (plus I want to kick the fuck out of herds of bulls with a cannon again...).

The id pack makes me feel sad. They've really done bugger all this century apart from Doom 3, which was pretty naff anyway.

I hope Left4Dead 2 on it's own (no bundle deal) goes down to $25 before this holiday sale is finished.

*edit* Should have also sprung for that $2.50 KoTR deal a while back.

Around the Network

C'mon, Batman, drop the price...

Second day was not great... :(

I picked up fahrenheit though. Want to see what all the fuzz was about.

This is invisible text!

Killergran said:

As did I.

Especially since it was around the same price (maybe a little cheaper) as renting the PS2 version for two nights so I figured why not.

---

Mirror's Edge feels so good with a keyboard and mouse. Yea, I know it's obvious that it would be better, but I'm just remembering how much I tripped up over the controls when I played it on the PS3 last year. The Physx effects are nice as well even if they cause my 8800gt to chug a bit.

IllegalPaladin said:
Killergran said:

As did I.

Especially since it was around the same price (maybe a little cheaper) as renting the PS2 version for two nights so I figured why not.

---

Mirror's Edge feels so good with a keyboard and mouse. Yea, I know it's obvious that it would be better, but I'm just remembering how much I tripped up over the controls when I played it on the PS3 last year. The Physx effects are nice as well even if they cause my 8800gt to chug a bit.

Never had a problem with the controls on the 360, but the screen tearing on the PC is horrible !

Barozi said:
IllegalPaladin said:
Killergran said:

As did I.

---

Never had a problem with the controls on the 360, but the screen tearing on the PC is horrible !

yea, vsync is my friend in this game.