By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Steam Holiday Sale has begun

abcdario said:
shio said:
abcdario said:
Mmm, i havent bought games since last year, i only found FPS and freakies RPG, what about the rest of generes ?

Mmm, that´s why i think the PC Plataform is not enough :S

May be that will change in the future, but today it is quite boring to find one FPS after another. . .

there were tons of Steam deals from other genres: simulation, racing, adventure, action-adventure, etc... Why not buy Mirror's Edge when it was like $4 for example?

I didnt see those games, it is not like i have all the time of the day to watch Steam every hour and see what are the deals for today, i dont know, i feel that everywhere i look into Action games, they mean FPS games :S

There were more than just Deal of the Day(s) going on. I thought someone in this thread mentioned that?

Around the Network
abcdario said:
shio said:
abcdario said:
Mmm, i havent bought games since last year, i only found FPS and freakies RPG, what about the rest of generes ?

Mmm, that´s why i think the PC Plataform is not enough :S

May be that will change in the future, but today it is quite boring to find one FPS after another. . .

there were tons of Steam deals from other genres: simulation, racing, adventure, action-adventure, etc... Why not buy Mirror's Edge when it was like $4 for example?

I didnt see those games, it is not like i have all the time of the day to watch Steam every hour and see what are the deals for today, i dont know, i feel that everywhere i look into Action games, they mean FPS games :S

I'd say you either weren't looking at all or you didn't know anything about the games on sale and didn't care enough to see what type of a game they were.

There were platformers, indiegames, football, racers, strategy, adventure, 3rd person platformers and tons of other stuff on sale. It's fine if PC gaming doesn't interest you, but brusing it off as only FPS and RPG's is very, very stupid. Some of the most daring and truly innovative games are (mostly  indie) available on the PC.

This is invisible text!

Dont missunderstand me, i have been paying more attention to PC Gaming and i m into buying an Xbox 360 PC controller so i could have fun with the few games i got on the Steam Holyday Sales, but still mostly of the offering is FPS and some RPG, the rest of the generes are eclipsed by the first two, i m pretty sure you know that.

Actually i have got a laptop with the Intel GMA3100, that´s not the best graphic to play ( i even got an american IP adress so i could get GTA IV at U$7.49 since Rockstar banned southamerica, too bad there was no way to play it XD XD XD).

I m a gamer, always loved Nintendo, but as i grow up i have been looking at other consoles/PC since the Wii didnt offer the quality of games i m looking for and the GCN had in its time(by this time in the generation, i had 30 GCN games, now i only have 3 Wii games with 5 more in the buying list).

What i really like about the PC Gamming and the Steam service is how cheap you can get the games, even cheaper than the pirated versions here in Colombia, and about 90%-98% cheaper than the Wii Games i can get in Colombia (here it can cost you U$100 a single game), there is no way to hide this matter, that´s why i have been thinking in the PC gamming, but as i stated in the first post, mostly of the offering are FPS and RPGs.

I suppose if you ignore the hundreds of strategy, adventure, casual, simulation, MMO, Indie, racing and sports games available on Steam, then yeah the remainder is mainly FPS and RPG...

BTW, given the low specs of your laptop, you'd be better off looking at the games on gog.com- cheap and much more likely to run on it.