By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSN Premium Details Options To Extend Warranty & Cross Game Chat & More!

i pay for it , if they make it like 40 bukcs , it would be awesome

Around the Network

Quite a few of those, i don't care about but there are certain ones i wouldn't mind paying 30$ a year for.

4 ≈ One

twesterm said:
  • Member-Only DLC-- kind of angry one for me.  It's either buy into this for a bunch of stuff I don't care about just for DLC or miss out on it.  I wonder how many developers will take advantage of this and if it's a multiplatform if anyone will be able to buy it.

I'd guess (and it is only a guess as nobody knows anything concrete at the moment) that this would be the type of bonus content you get with pre-orders/special editions.

lol I always knew sony would end up charging; there is no way they could ever be as good as LIVE otherwise.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

binary solo said:
None of it looks particularly appealing to me, and given I can't use Netflix or Hulu the potential value of premium content is even lower.

Same here.  This looks like a list tailored to US users, so we could see similar surveys going out to users in EU countries, Japan, NZ etc with the features that would be available there.  Or it could just be US users that'd have the premium content option(and other countries get it for free, seeing as though we get rinsed on hardware/software costs!).

Around the Network

if this was true,I would pay for the service.

AoiRayn said:
Dioxinis said:
WHAT THE HELL? they cant charge for cross game voice chat!

It takes a lot of bandwich you know.. and besides
It's the only thing that Xbox Live has, that PSN doesn't. and Live isn't free :)

Well, there are probably more things, but cross game chat being the biggest.
Besides.. there'll probably be a cheap option to pick that has cross game chat, like 30$ a year.. and you'll also definately get more neat stuff..

but if thats the only thing live has going for it if sony releases cross game its the last barrier to prove that online should be free if they charge for that then the whole argument that psn = live goes out the window D:

Dioxinis said:
AoiRayn said:
Dioxinis said:
WHAT THE HELL? they cant charge for cross game voice chat!

It takes a lot of bandwich you know.. and besides
It's the only thing that Xbox Live has, that PSN doesn't. and Live isn't free :)

Well, there are probably more things, but cross game chat being the biggest.
Besides.. there'll probably be a cheap option to pick that has cross game chat, like 30$ a year.. and you'll also definately get more neat stuff..

but if thats the only thing live has going for it if sony releases cross game its the last barrier to prove that online should be free if they charge for that then the whole argument that psn = live goes out the window D:

While that's true, I guess it would be a double edged sword releasing it for free.
They'll get advantage over LIVE, but also lose quite some money on bandwich.
So I guess what they must do to get advantage over LIVE is to add even more features at a price..

Currently Playing: Uncharted 2 & Kingdom Hearts 2
2010 Predictions: Click Me

Games on my "Must Buy" List:

Diablo III (PC)
God of War III (PS3)
Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)
Final Fantasy Agito XIII (PSP)
Final Fantasy Versus XIII (PS3)
Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
The Last Guardian (PS3)

Looks very cool.

I really hope that they just throw up a list of all of the features, and let you have at it. Select as many as you want, and pay accordingly.

So the person that wants cloud storage and voice chat can pay 5 - 10 bucks a year.

The person that wants everything can pay 100 bucks a year.

Sony has been smart with PSN to this point , and this is the best model. I hate it when companies do packages. Packages are always BS. You always end up having to pay for things you don't want or not being able to do something you do want because they don't have a package that offers everything.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

^That's a genius plan. But it's too smart for Sony to use.