By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSN Premium Details Options To Extend Warranty & Cross Game Chat & More!

If it's under $25, you can sign me up. Sounds like xbox live on steriods for half the price.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Around the Network

3 things: Cross game chat shouldn't be premium content; the Facebook service sounds a lot like the service that's currently available, means that will be taken off the free PSN and put into premium, it's not a core gaming necessity so no big deal, but still it's taking what used to be free access and making it a paid for service; how much is all this going to cost?

None of it looks particularly appealing to me, and given I can't use Netflix or Hulu the potential value of premium content is even lower. If I was into Netflix, and I could use it, I would stay with the disc based service that comes with no additional costs. Seems like very little hassle to stick in a disc to get Netflix movies, strangely enough I put discs in my PS3 all the time and it hasn't caused me any inconvenience so far.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

They all sound cool except for:

• Early access to store content - This is BS and only screws over non-subscribers.
  • Cross game chat - Should be free for all.   Once it's added to firmware, it doesn't add any cost on Sony's end for users.
  • Streaming Netflix sans disc -  They'd really make something as trivial as this dependent on yet another fee?
  • Automatic updates - This is a simple, free, yet awesome feature once it has been implemented.  Why limit this to only paying subscribers?

Other than that, I'd be willing to pay a bit extra for a number of these features, particularly cloud storage space for saves, the various discounts and free games, game trials, challenges, etc.

makingmusic476 said:

• Early access to store content - This is BS and only screws over non-subscribers.
  • Cross game chat - Should be free for all.   Once it's added to firmware, it doesn't add any cost on Sony's end for users.
  • Streaming Netflix sans disc -  They'd really make something as trivial as this dependent on yet another fee?
  • Automatic updates - This is a simple, free, yet awesome feature once it has been implemented.  Why limit this to only paying subscribers?

Other than that, I'd be willing to pay a bit extra for a number of these features, particularly cloud storage space for save, the various discounts and free games, game trials, challenges, etc.

Just think.... The Original Psycho Sack could of been saved if SONY acted quicker...

meeeehhhh.
as long as online free i don't care about the other useless stuff like music store and stuff.

and i think this is false.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network

I think this fucking rocks!!!

I'll stick with the free version. Has everything I need.

It's a great list, but I think the following point should be free of charge:

Automatic Downloads and Updates
Customize the types of updates you want your PS3 to download automatically. These include game updates (patches) for games that you own, firmware updates, and game demos downloaded on your PS3 without manually having to select them and wait for them to finish downloading. Your PS3 can be set to automatically turn on for updates and turn off after completion.

All the rest is fine for a fee.

At some point, something must have come from nothing...

...nothing can come from nothing...

Xxain said:
makingmusic476 said:

Other than that, I'd be willing to pay a bit extra for a number of these features, particularly cloud storage space for save, the various discounts and free games, game trials, challenges, etc.

Just think.... The Original Psycho Sack could of been saved if SONY acted quicker...

If only...

;_;

If there was a way to get all of the features for less than $50(price of Live..) a year, I'm sold. Or if there was a list with all the features that I want, which, by looking at that table, I don't think there is. So consider me not sold.