By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSN Premium Details Options To Extend Warranty & Cross Game Chat & More!

Still a rumor.

Around the Network

This rumor is to detailed to be a rumor... SONY is bzd at keeping secrets, when have we ever seen a rumor with SONY this detailed that wasn't true???

the "extend console warranty to 3 years" is interesting, as is could backup of save games.

Glad Sony may offer these in addition to the free service, rather than forcing a premium model by requiring payment for online gameplay.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

so i have to pay for cross chat?

Smashed said:
Still a rumor.

You mean still a survey?  This is definitely no rumor as IllegalPalladin has shown.  The survey is very real which means Sony is very strongly considering this.

If the price is $70, though, I'd be a little turned off.  It looks like they are mostly adding features that are already on Xbox Live for $50 a year (or less via susbription cards), and a few extras like the PSOne classics and cloud storage.  It would be interesting to see Sony go subscription model and lead to competition amongst the online features of PSN and XBL.  That would be good for all of us!!!

Around the Network
  • Red -- negative or don't care
  • Bold -- indifferent or want more info
  • Green -- cool
  • Customer Servive Priority Access-- places that do this always pisses me off because usually the places that do it I don't have priority access.  ;_;
  • Exclusive Experiences-- eh, nothing I'm interested in.
  • Extend Console Warranty-- lol
  • Beta Access-- Even though they say it's not a demo, it's a demo, just a different one than the public one.  Off topic, but I hate how "beta" has become a new buzz word for "demo".  On topic, I don't really get too many demos so I don't care.
  • Early Access to Store Content-- I don't really buy things on the PSN or Live so I don't care
  • Demo Share-- interesting, don't care.  What I'll be interested in seeing is how many developers go through the trouble of making up to three demos when one is hard enough to do.
  • Cross-game voice chat-- I don't use voice chat so don't care in the first place
  • Full-Title Trial-- this one is actually cool, I wonder how many games will take advantage of this, if you actually download the entire game, and if they improve the download speed over the PSN.  I don't know if I would want to download up to 50 gigs for an hour trial.
  • Themes-- meh
  • Member-Only DLC-- kind of angry one for me.  It's either buy into this for a bunch of stuff I don't care about just for DLC or miss out on it.  I wonder how many developers will take advantage of this and if it's a multiplatform if anyone will be able to buy it.
  • Trophy Alerts-- kind of cool
  • Cloud Storage-- kind of cool, especially if I can access it from any PS3 I sign into.
  • Online Music Service-- kind of cool, though I already have and love Last.fm so totally unneeded
  • Automated Downloads-- kind of cool
  • Loyalty Rewards-- Could be cool, would have to see the rewards and for how long you have to be a suscriber.  I'm guessing I would waste more money on suscribing than what I get is worth.
  • Facebook-- Honestly, already have it for the PC, 360, and iPhone, I don't use it that much and don't need another way to use it.
  • Catch-Up TV-- could be cool
  • Netflix Access Without Disc-- WHAT!?  I know I say multi-disc games is a non-issue but this is just absolutely retarded.  Multidisc games use multiple discs because they have to, they're making us use the Netflix disc as an annoyance.  I actually like the interface better for the PS3 Netflix and only don't use it because I don't feel like changing the disc.

Overall, not really worth it for me to pay for this alone and definately not worth it to pay for Live and this.

DoomXploder7 said:
Stuff that I would subscribe for:

Extended Console Warranty 3 Years
Access to Beta Games
Early Access to All Store Content
Free Access to PSOne Classics, PSP Minis, and PS3/PSP Themes
Discounts on Store Content
Member Only In-game Content
Cloud Storage Space for Games
Online Music Service

the other stuff are either worthless or should be free

This is pretty much my list as well....

I'd pay 15$/mo for this list, maybe 20 if the music service was thorough and excellent.

I think Sony is finding ways to make the PSN a more sustainable business model; good for them.

Outside of the warranty though, I'm not sure how much of the other stuff listed is worth cash to me.

Some of the features are really nice actually. But I think Cross-Game chat should be free. I mean, wth is the point of paying for it if my friends aren't? It'd be rather stupid. Other than that the list looks like it offers superb content for about 40-60 bucks a year. More than that would be a bit over the top.

i'm sold if this is legit