By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Zangeki no REGINLEIV - NEW (GAMEPLAY) TRAILER

Cheebee said:
Wasn't this already confirmed to be on-rails?

Not really.  1up or someone said it, without citing anything really.  None of the Famitsu or general Japanese media coverage has said it's a rail-slasher though iirc.

Around the Network

Could be fun. Could be a lot of fun.

Something tells me that this is one of those games you can't really understand until you feel the gameplay for yourself.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

it looks to be like what Farmageddon said, where you're shunted ahead along a fixed path, but probably have free horizontal (and possibly some vertical) movement along that plane. But we'll see.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Sommernacht said:
As with the other footage of this game I've seen so far this looks pretty mediocre at best... and not really like the Nintendo quality I'm used to...

really? Because to me it looks like Starfox64 in a fantasy setting. (And Starfox64 is Nintendo quality)

I LOVE ICELAND!

Khuutra said:
Sommernacht said:
As with the other footage of this game I've seen so far this looks pretty mediocre at best... and not really like the Nintendo quality I'm used to...

This isn't actually being made by Nintendo

Well, it is being published by Nintendo, isn't it?

@KungKras: it's a matter of taste obviously... I am just wondering what (some) people see in this game. It reminds me a bit of Disaster: DoC in a way that Disaster also seemed mediocre to me and not as polished as I've known it from the majority of Nintendo games (I am aware that the two are completely different games).

Around the Network
Dv8thwonder said:
I think everyones forgetting that this series is known for it's tank controls. I expect this to be no different.

This a new IP........

OT: Looks great. I LOVE Sin & Punishment and will gladly take more games in the same style. The crappy "MS Paint" like lines that appear on screen do look crappy though.

elmerion said:
Doesnt look good to me : /

i agree, the graphics and gameplay aren't appealing

FragiIe said:
Dv8thwonder said:
I think everyones forgetting that this series is known for it's tank controls. I expect this to be no different.

This a new IP........

OT: Looks great. I LOVE Sin & Punishment and will gladly take more games in the same style. The crappy "MS Paint" like lines that appear on screen do look crappy though.

It's based on the Earth Defense Force gameplay type, which si why I'm saying it doesn't really look like it's on rails.

Khuutra said:
FragiIe said:
Dv8thwonder said:

This a new IP........

It's based on the Earth Defense Force gameplay type, which si why I'm saying it doesn't really look like it's on rails.

But it being on rails makes sense with the way slashing works, don't you think?

It's the end of hope END OF HOPE!... uh yeah the girl moves backwards... nothing in this suggests on rails, again I wouldn't be surprised if it was, but nothing is suggesting that in this trailer and it looks pretty good too.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000