By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NSMBW sells over 500k units in its third week in Japan (1.9M LTD)

According to Media Create New Super Mario Bros Wii has sold in its third week over 500.000 units. (LTD ~1.900.000)

http://www.value-press.com/pressrelease.php?article_id=50496

First Week --- 934.739

Second Week --- 431.198

Third Week ---  ~530.000

- Other Wii Titles

Wii Sports --- 3.536.288

Wii Fit --- 3.528.473

Mario Kart Wii --- 2.369.735

Super Smash Bros Brawl --- 1.812.706

Around the Network

Do we really need this many separate topics for one week? It seems a better idea just to create one thread for the Japanese sales numbers this week and leave it at that.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

EDIT: ^^^ i second the notion, no need for multiple topics disscusing the same week.

Ohh! i sold more than it is second week?? didn't expected that!

^^^ This is what you get for blowing a rumor out of proportion

Chocobo brain damage!!! Here, drink this diet Coke..*runs*

Currently playing :

VC - Ogre Battle March of the Black Queen
Wii - New Super Mario Bros. Wii
DS - Glory of Heracels

I think the comparison to other Wii games in Japan is nice. It's helpful to know that it's already ahead of Brawl and could pass MKWii by next week. This is the Japanese saying "we loved older Nintendo franchises just the way they were... in 2D." Hopefully Nintendo will get the picture and give us a 2D overhead Zelda.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

Just a pet peeve of mine really. I hate it when the forums get over-run by single topics and drown out all other conversations. Really though I should only have so much say in that, which is why I limited it to just a complaint here.

I am stunned at the third week rise though. I knew NSMBWii would be big in Japan, but this is in excess of my expectations by quite a lot.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network

Wow. Just wow.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

lol they announced 2 million shipped not long ago in Japan, they're almost through that. The legs are incredible, it looks like it might become the best selling wii game in Japan, it certainly has a good shot at beating wii sports and wii fit. It will probably pass mario kart next week.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Definitely in excess of my expectations too. I just thought NSMB had huge sales on DS because it was on DS. The fact that a similar game can do really well on Wii is quite encouraging. And as I said, hopefull it's a sign to Nintendo.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

So... is that the largest third week ever in Japan?

this week could have the highest console sales in 1 week ever in Japan oustide of launches.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X