By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I don't think most people realize yet how good Bayonetta is...

Well just look at the reviews.
This game can't be bad and it won't be mediocre either.
I was very suspicious, but hell this game might hit the nail in DMC's and NG's coffins.

Around the Network
Barozi said:
Well just look at the reviews.
This game can't be bad and it won't be mediocre either.
I was very suspicious, but hell this game might hit the nail in DMC's and NG's coffins.

Maybe DMC.

Ninja Gaiden is vastly different from this and will always have a hardcore following. Unless they keep making boob jiggle the center piece of future titles too...

I've never actually tried DMC (or similar games), and I'm slightly disappointed with what Platinum Games has come up with as of late.

However, the hype this game is getting interests me, and there are few games I'm looking forward to on the 360 as it is, so... I'll shut up and go try the demo now. Hoping for something great...

c0rd said:

I've never actually tried DMC (or similar games), and I'm slightly disappointed with what Platinum Games has come up with as of late.

However, the hype this game is getting interests me, and there are few games I'm looking forward to on the 360 as it is, so... I'll shut up and go try the demo now. Hoping for something great...

Rent It i suggest. Don't bother with the demo. Demo showcases the gameplay fine but the game offers a lot more as a full package...

CGI-Quality said:
disolitude said:
jesus kung fu magic said:
CGI-Quality said:
disolitude said:
CGI-Quality said:
It's fun, I really enjoyed what I've played of it. No, not God of War fun IMO, but fun nonetheless.

I am 99% sure ill like this more than god of war. To me God of war has always been a game that relies on amazing visual presentation, violence and "shock and awe" moments/bosses.

Gameplay wise DMC and Ninja Gaiden mop the floor with it in my opinion(last gen)

To each their own. Bayonetta doesn't hold a candle to the depth and destruction of God of War, IMO.

Based on the demo , I believe that bayonetta has alot more depth (gameplay wise) than god of war.....story wise we will see.

lol...someone used God of War and "depth" in the same sentance?

Don't get me wrong, God of War is a thoroughly well-designed and near impeccably well-put together...but even back then, Ninja Gaiden runs circles around it when it comes to actual combat depth. God of War does look pretty when combat is on screen.

Yep, sure did.

What i see here is a lot of 360 fans loving bayonetta and lots of ps3 fans saying it's an "ok" game.

I am a sony fan but bayonetta is not in any way bad or just "ok". i plan on buying it, however God of war 3 is soild game that never fails.. didnt IGn give GOW2 the best ps2 game of all time?

i think xbox fans are trying to downplay GOW3 with mutiplatform action games and thats sad lol. anyway GOW3 will be the better game in sales and metric im pretty sure. and thats a day one buy for me. Sonys 1st party games are always great save a few and GOW3 will keep that trend going. i love devil may cry and thats the reason i want bayonetta. hopefully the game can stand on its own like the GOW series has. just 30 days to release we shall see!!! (i preordered for xbox)

Around the Network
Dno said:
CGI-Quality said:
disolitude said:
CGI-Quality said:
disolitude said:
CGI-Quality said:
It's fun, I really enjoyed what I've played of it. No, not God of War fun IMO, but fun nonetheless.

I am 99% sure ill like this more than god of war. To me God of war has always been a game that relies on amazing visual presentation, violence and "shock and awe" moments/bosses.

Gameplay wise DMC and Ninja Gaiden mop the floor with it in my opinion(last gen)

To each their own. Bayonetta doesn't hold a candle to the depth and destruction of God of War, IMO.

Based on the demo , I believe that bayonetta has alot more depth (gameplay wise) than god of war.....story wise we will see.

Don't get me wrong, God of War is a thoroughly well-designed and near impeccably well-put together...but even back then, Ninja Gaiden runs circles around it when it comes to actual combat depth. God of War does look pretty when combat is on screen.

Yep, sure did.

What i see here is a lot of 360 fans loving bayonetta and lots of ps3 fans saying it's an "ok" game.

I am a sony fan but bayonetta is not in any way bad or just "ok". i plan on buying it, however God of war 3 is soild game that never fails.. didnt IGn give GOW2 the best ps2 game of all time?

i think xbox fans are trying to downplay GOW3 with mutiplatform action games and thats sad lol. anyway GOW3 will be the better game in sales and metric im pretty sure. and thats a day one buy for me. Sonys 1st party games are always great save a few and GOW3 will keep that trend going. i love devil may cry and thats the reason i want bayonetta. hopefully the game can stand on its own like the GOW series has. just 30 days to release we shall see!!! (i preordered for xbox)

I believe that this is due to the disparity of scores for both platforms...

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

CGI-Quality said:
Dno said:
CGI-Quality said:
disolitude said:
CGI-Quality said:
disolitude said:
CGI-Quality said:

Yep, sure did.

Well, of course there are fans who will downplay it, but you also have fans of all sides who sincerely enjoyed the game/demo. I personally really liked the demo, but if it is in comparison to GOW, I don't think it's on the same level. That's just me though, I have nothing against an opinion to the contrary.

There is no conspiracy here dude. I played god of war when I didn't have any other system. I had a great time with it but I saw it for what it was. A visually pleasing, gory and stylish hack and slash. Its combat, puzzles and platforming are quite shallow but you don't care as other things are keeping your entertainment value up.

Not saying its a bad game by any standards, I just don't agree with anyone saying the game has huge amounts of depth...in the same way Independance Day movie doesn't have much depth. Devs were concentrating on other things.

But I do agree that God of war 1 was something special when it came out...and we will see about god of war 3 when it comes out. Thats pretty much where my discussion of God of War ends in this topic.

disolitude said:
c0rd said:

Rent It i suggest. Don't bother with the demo. Demo showcases the gameplay fine but the game offers a lot more as a full package...

Hrm, I'm not the rent type - if a game is not to my liking I've got plenty of friends to pass it onto.

Anyway, the demo... sold me the game. I'm somewhat a noob to the genre, so I'm a little shocked at how addictive this thing seems (I did try GoW and Heavenly Sword, didn't seem as fun). This is looking like a buy, it'll be my 3D action game debut! ...of this type, anyway.

I hope it isn't so good that it spoils the older games like DMC too much (lol), I plan on trying them eventually!

Btw, to who it concerns, I really wouldn't be worried about the sex appeal thing. I don't find Bayonetta (the girl) very attractive, although I must say... Bayonetta (the game) is looking damn hot.

c0rd said:
disolitude said:
c0rd said:

Hrm, I'm not the rent type - if a game is not to my liking I've got plenty of friends to pass it onto.

Anyway, the demo... sold me the game. I'm somewhat a noob to the genre, so I'm a little shocked at how addictive this thing seems (I did try GoW and Heavenly Sword, didn't seem as fun). This is looking like a buy, it'll be my 3D action game debut! ...of this type, anyway.

I hope it isn't so good that it spoils the older games like DMC too much (lol), I plan on trying them eventually!

Btw, to who it concerns, I really wouldn't be worried about the sex appeal thing. I don't find Bayonetta (the girl) very attractive, although I must say... Bayonetta (the game) is looking damn hot.

Glad you liked it!

Yeah, you will be able to get in to Devil May Cry if you like this. dude that directed this also directed devil may cry so there are some small similarities.

DMC 4 on ps360 is a fun game despite what people here have said. And once you feel really brave...you can try DMC3 on ps2. Be prepared for haaaaard....

the demo felt average to me. I did play the ps3 version but the gameplay should be the same. I dunno.. Maybe the full game is much better ? to be fair demos hardly do games justice in many cases. Look at heavenly sword, uncharted and killzone 2 for some examples of this.

Check out my game about moles ^