By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why People Are Not Liking FFXIII

Hope, Yaag, Cid, and Rygdeas are the only bishonen in the game we know about. You know what, some of the Nora members are also bishonen. Nomura's style has revolved around belts, zippers, and bishonen. No suprise there.

Around the Network
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

lol outlaw.

Snow is a manly man.

Hope is a freaking kid, not a man so he doesn't count.

And who the hell is Yaag?

Yaag is one of the bad guys. Cid is also a bit of a fruit.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Man, I've been hearing alot of great things about FFXIII from people who are playing it. There are of course some negative impressions as well but that is to be expected from a FF game.

g-value said:
Man, I've been hearing alot of great things about FFXIII from people who are playing it. There are of course some negative impressions as well but that is to be expected from a FF game.

If you are hearing more great than bad things, that's a good thing IMO.

This game have to sell to new people that are not traditional FF fans. For fans any game that isn't a perfectly copy of VII or for the cult one VI the game is a shit.

Around the Network
Riachu said:
g-value said:

Yeah, I'm hearing more good then bad. The only problems people seem to be having with FFXIII is that it's extremely linear and to some, the dialog is very corny (but that is mostly due to the Japanese-y terms and stuff that will most likely be altered when it's localized for the NA/EU). So pretty much, if you like you jrpgs story-driven (to the extreme) then you will have no problem with the linear direction FFXIII has taken. Also, the enjoyment of the storyline for the people in the NA/EU will be based on how SE localizes FFXIII's Japanese-y lines and terms which is said by some to be VERY corny. Lets hope SE really americanizes FFXIII, because if they don't...........

g-value said:
Riachu said:
g-value said:

Yeah, I'm hearing more good then bad. The only problems people seem to be having with FFXIII is that it's extremely linear and to some, the dialog is very corny (but that is mostly due to the Japanese-y terms and stuff that will most likely be altered when it's localized for the NA/EU). So pretty much, if you like you jrpgs story-driven (to the extreme) then you will have no problem with the linear direction FFXIII has taken. Also, the enjoyment of the storyline for the people in the NA/EU will be based on how SE localizes FFXIII's Japanese-y lines and terms which is said by some to be VERY corny. Lets hope SE really americanizes FFXIII, because if they don't...........

What japanese-y terms?   If they mean rushi and farushi, that's just how the Japanese pronounce l'cie and fal'cie, respectively.

I dont care what ppl say. day 1 purchase for me

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

I didnt manage to resist, and watched some live stream...heheheh...some spoilers ahead....

Well, it is linear, for many hours, but when it opens, it open WIDE (by what I saw)!
People can die (constantly!) by simple mobs, this game isnt forgiving, if you dont grind/play it with some strategy you get killed in seconds! Bosses that make you try it four five times are quite common...so there are some complains about that...
Grinding/leveling up is all about the improved grid sphere (its quite like it), so there is you leveling up, plus you can do it with your weapons also, those will get you some special status and such...more on when you are in the open wild....

So, people complains because no one will ever be completely satisfied anyway.

forest-spirit said:
Hardly any towns? Are you sure? I like towns... :(
I don't hate FFXIII, it's hard to hate something I haven't played, but I don't like the lack of Amano's character design. FFXIII isn't the only FF that lacks that though.

I like towns as well.   I hope that this is off by a little bit.