By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Persona 4 Staffers Readying New Game

Baww, I want a new Digital Devil Saga. I just love the battle system, that you can change your characters skills when you want.

I know the story kinda ended with DDS2, but maybe a prequel..? :)

I just hope they ditch the evokers or yu-gi-oh cards in the new Persona. I don't care which platform it goes, though I still would like to see it on the PS3 *drool*
And the story should be placed before Persona 3, the enemies should be demons like in the older games.

Around the Network

It's probably Persona 5 for PS3 & 360.

ShadowSoldier said:
Its going to be on PS3 or PSP. No matter how you spin it the sales of the Wii JRPGs have been, less then impressive. Tales of Graces should have outsold, WKCs first week. I don't care what anyone says because it all seems like weak excuses especially when It was being hyped to the ceilings.

Im will to bet my money that its a PS3 exclusive and if it is it'll outdo Tales of Graces and Crystal Chronicles first week and LTD In Japan.

THIS!!!!!!

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

A gajarrod said:

A game centered in Japan? Around Japanese lifestyle? With nothing but J-Pop? And Anime Cliches? Anime Heroes? With a classic RPG system? On the 360? Really? If no one else can see how horrible thats going to turn out then ATLUS are far stupider then I first thought. You do know that most of the people who bash JRPGs for those same conventions are in fact the stereotypical Hardcore Halo Gamer right?

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

SMT said:
Baww, I want a new Digital Devil Saga. I just love the battle system, that you can change your characters skills when you want.

I just hope they ditch the evokers or yu-gi-oh cards in the new Persona. I don't care which platform it goes, though I still would like to see it on the PS3 *drool*
And the story should be placed before Persona 3, the enemies should be demons like in the older games.

You are very wise. I would also love another game like DDS; it has an awesome story and a killer soundtrack. Serph shouldn't have been a silent protagonist though. I mean come on, he's the leader. He's the one who should give orders. The skill learning system was pretty neat too. Another Devil Survivor or Raidou Kuzunoha game would be cool too. Raidou 2 surprised me on how good it was; the first one was forgettable.

Anything but more Persona games please. We had 5 of those in three years.

Around the Network
SMT said:

You mean the tarrot cards they used in the original Persona? Before Yu-Gi-Oh was even out? Yeah... I don't see your reasoning.

I like all your other ideas though =)

Also this better not be for the PsP!

ShadowSoldier said:
A gajarrod said:

A game centered in Japan? Around Japanese lifestyle? With nothing but J-Pop? And Anime Cliches? Anime Heroes? With a classic RPG system? On the 360? Really? If no one else can see how horrible thats going to turn out then ATLUS are far stupider then I first thought. You do know that most of the people who bash JRPGs for those same conventions are in fact the stereotypical Hardcore Halo Gamer right?

Atlus was hiring 360 programmers, what else would they be working on?  DS already got SMT4.

Persona 5 will either be PS360 or for PSP imo.

Wait the DS game is officially SMT4???

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

ShadowSoldier said:
Wait the DS game is officially SMT4???

In all but name.  It was even called SMT4 for awhile in development, but they dropped the numeral since it takes place outside Tokyo and is so different from the other games.

jarrod said:

Atlus was hiring 360 programmers, what else would they be working on?

A Persona spinoff in which the entire game consists of shooting yourself in the head from a first-person perspective.