By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Super Mario Galaxy take the crown from Ocarina of Time?

SMG got another 98 on Spong, it's not yet listed in Gamerankings, if anyone has an account there please add it. SMG is closing in on OoT slowly now.

http://www.spong.com/feature/10109691

Around the Network

i dont think it will beat oot but it will be in the top ten games list

I don't think it will beat OoT either but it will be very close 2nd.

Edit: a couple more reviews and it's officially number 2. 

super_etecoon said:

You don't understand Final Fantasy VII fanboys. In their mind it's impossible for any game to beat FFVII before they even play the game. FFVII is nothing special and was bested by FFX.

Superman64 is the greatest game of all time in any case.

Tell me about it. Final Fantasy VII is the most overrated video game of all time. Its not the best RPG of all time, its not in the top five best Final Fantasy games of all time and its not even the best Final Fantasy title released on PS1. I get that it was the first RPG a lot of gamers played but to think of it as any thing but an average RPG just boggles my mind.

As for the topic, there are a lot more reviewers now than there were at OoT's release, surpassing it will be very difficult. 

Wow GR's site is slow right now, people must be pounding it pretty hard waiting to see SMG cross 20 reviews and hit the top 10 most likely in #2. Will be interesting to see if it stays there but I think it likely will.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

100 Deeko
100 GamePro
100 EuroGamer
100 PALGN
100 GameSpy
100 Game Revolution
100 GameTap
100 NintendoWorldReport
100 Yahoo! Games

Wii code: 4679-4491-5808-6319,MKWii: 4296-3394-2843; Animal Crossing Wii: 3008-1736-4670.

I don't think there is any chance it will drop below #2 on gamerankings now. Every 9 it now gets, costs it less than 0.03% in overall score - even an 8 would drop it less than 0.1%. It would need something like 10 8's to drop to below #2 in the overall rankings.

The only question is whether it can take top spot - and I have a feeling its going to do it :)

If it happens - I can feel a news article & DIGG coming on. Ocarina has been #1 for almost ten years, and people have generally considered that it would always be there.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Can it surpass OOT in gamerankings? Perhaps, infact it's starting to look like a good bet...

Should it?  In a word... No.

Systems Currently Playing: WiiU, PS3, 3DS

Also Have: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, PS1, N64, PS2, Wii, GB, GBC, GBA, DSLite, DSi, Android (RazorMax), iPhone (4), iPad (2)

SSJGohan3972 said:

Can it surpass OOT in gamerankings? Perhaps, infact it's starting to look like a good bet...

Should it?  In a word... No.

You signed up for this? What a waste.

So, OoT might actually be dethroned after all these years? About time, and there is none more fitting than Mario for the job. It's still to early to tell what will ultimately happen, but I'll be sure to bring up some of the: "I'm sorry, but there's no way Galaxy stays in the top 10. It's pretty fucking difficult to get in there these days!" *cough*5 of them are from the past console generation, and that idea of sites rating down on good games just doesn't translate well into reality*cough*

I can only hope to be playing the greatest game ever by friday...

Guess what, it's official, Super Mario Galaxy has taken the crown from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, and has become the greatest video game of all time! It has happened! It ranks at 97.9% on Game Rankings! It beat the old record by 0.2% Hurray for Mario! I knew it would become the greatest!