By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN N-Podcast 60 and Summary - How Wii doesn't even compare to Current Gen.

This why Ign is dying ... this podcast just serves one purpose , make people go there to listen to it ... i will not listen to this - one i not member on ign (thanks lucky stars) and two Ign is just getting worst from one day to the other they all become Wii haters ... i dont get it ... i dont care i found a new home at gonitendo and here at vgcharz ... (the best forum in the net in my opinion)

congratz for all of us ^^

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!

Around the Network

PS: One day Ign you will cry for you nonsenses from this podcast .
i looking to see how gonna be you traffic next week

Well IGN's on a role at the moment. I can't wait to see what they come up with next.

I'm a Wii only owner, and the only things that could make the Wii better would be a Wii Katamari game and a Wii Portal game. Outside of that, the Wii is perfect.

The best platforming games, the best party games, the best sports games, the world's best-selling racing game, the world's best-selling fighting game, the best IR-controlled games, the best gesture-controlled games, the best tilt-controlled games, the best zombie games, the best backwards compatibility, the best exercise games, the best brain training games, and the best ports and remakes from every generation (Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, Metroid Prime, Okami, Resident Evil 4, SMB3, all on one system?). It's insane really. The only reason to troll the Wii is if your favorite genre is 3rd-person action/adventure games that aren't Zelda, or you hate all interesting new ideas.

NeoStar9 said:

Talk about acting like a bunch of jerks and jackasses. Funny that was not. Any small notion I might have had of continuing to check out their podcast and even site for previews is pretty much gone with this.

Same here, I have been listening to their podcasts for years, since the Wii was simply the "Revolution." It was interesting because they would have a lot of inside info of what to expect from future games and news about the new console. But now it has evolved more and more into a roundtable of hardcore gaming snobs who do little more than criticize nintendo.. I mean what sesne does it make doing this when you know the vast majority of people listening are going to be nintendo fans?

This latest podcast has sealed it for me, I'm officially done listening to their podcasts for good.

I mean I have nothing against criticism against nintendo (I do it plenty myself) when it is intelligent and backed by real evidence and logic, but the majority of theres is just stupid fanboyish ranting that makes little to no sense, and is backed up by nothing except for their narrow and stuborn views.

Around the Network

Well, I could say a lot, but I'll just say this.

Stupid move.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

The Ghost of RubangB said:
I'm a Wii only owner, and the only things that could make the Wii better would be a Wii Katamari game and a Wii Portal game. Outside of that, the Wii is perfect.

The best platforming games, the best party games, the best sports games, the world's best-selling racing game, the world's best-selling fighting game, the best IR-controlled games, the best gesture-controlled games, the best tilt-controlled games, the best zombie games, the best backwards compatibility, the best exercise games, the best brain training games, and the best ports and remakes from every generation (Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, Metroid Prime, Okami, Resident Evil 4, SMB3, all on one system?). It's insane really. The only reason to troll the Wii is if your favorite genre is 3rd-person action/adventure games that aren't Zelda, or you hate all interesting new ideas.

Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 aren't on Wii!

--OkeyDokey-- said:

Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 aren't on Wii!

i dont think that left 4 dead are the best zoombies games ... i mean it , i think that by far the best game with zoombies are RE 0 anr RE 1 -archives-

ultraslick said:
malcbear said:
ultraslick said:
This if for the wii only owners;
You can say it is for traffic if you want, but that is only the reason why they were allowed to post what they thought.
They are not fabricating the whole thing, this is how they feel.

I read through the summary, and even with the little sny additions in the OP, it still rings true.
Ask yourselves;
Would the wii be better with graphical improvements, an online system, 3rd party development?

It doesnt matter where you place the emphasis in your gaming experience, the simple answer is yes.

And imo, the GC was worlds different. It had great visuals, and the games had an overall richer feel to them. It seems like every wii game is a demo for a game that never comes.
Sure there are a very few exceptions, but that does not make the rest of the argument void.

If you are a wii only owner and you can possibly fathom any form of your wii games that could be better than they already are, (since everything can always be better)
Then seriously do yourself a favor and get a current gen system.

I understand you dont care about this or that , and games are about having fun... I agree with that, Just know that the wii is trumped on every possible level, not just visuals.

There is a whole other world out there, of GAMES. Games with amazingly rich stories, great visuals, games that will knock your socks off. There are even smaller (wii size) games that are leagues better with the XBL marketplace, and PSN store.

As a wii owner, you must admit it... its time to evolve.

Wow, what a load of BS. The only thing that would make the wii better would be a better online system, cuz I believe that it needs some work, but it's ok (IMO). Apparently you don't have a wii so......how do you know how fun a good wii game is. Don't talk like the wii is not a current gen system, for the last freakin' time it's a current gen system. In this phrase:

"If your are a wii only owner and you can pssible fathom any form of your wii games that  could be better than they already are (since everything can always be better)....."

I can replace the word "wii" with any other name of a game system and it wouldn't make a difference. Do you seriously think that this phrase only applies to the wii? You are seriously mistaken my good sir.....good day to you!

Of course not, I know the PS3 and 360 could be better.. but at this moment in time there are no other consoles to buy other than the 3 we have now. If there was, then I would buy said console.. the same way some should buy something other than a wii.

I must admit, I am surprised by some of you. I dont have a problem with you being happy, I just think some of you may need to agknowledge the fact that you could be happier. I think the following term is applicable here; ignorance is truly bliss as a wii only owner. (but only in some cases)

but ignorant is a strong word, I am not calling anyone ignorant.. it's just a phrase.

obviously if you only play wiifit and wiisports.. etc, then yes, the wii is great, and that is that.

I love the manners around here, everyone says "good day to you sir"

so

Good day to you too sir! Good Day!? Good Day! faa laa laa Good Day to you, hmmmm and to you! Good day! (picture a whole bunch of monopoly guys sitting around drinking tea)

Lol, you will never get it.  The wii is the only console that evolved gaming. The only thing that the ps3 and the 360 did was get a new processor and a new graphics card. The motion controls of the wii evolved gaming.

I don't only have a wii, but it's my favorite console out of the ones I have. I singled out that phrase because you were only applying it to the wii and not the others. Let's say you have only a ps3. You only applied this phrase to the wii, thus saying that you can't be happier by buying a wii, which is complete and utter BS. You can't determine what makes people happier. What if a wii only owner bought a 360, and wasn't happier? It's a big world man it could happen. Do you understand now?

I cannot disagree with this fanboyish statement more... Wii definitely does have the best platforming, and ti has RE:4 which is a huge plus, and motion control which is great and all, but the rest is pure opinion and bs quite frankly.