By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN N-Podcast 60 and Summary - How Wii doesn't even compare to Current Gen.

SmokedHostage said:
I wanted to read that list but I stopped at achievements are a better innovation than motion controls.

They are, I love achievements/trophies yet I hate motion controls....

Around the Network
ultraslick said:

obviously if you only play wiifit and wiisports.. etc, then yes, the wii is great, and that is that.

That is pretty 'ignorant' too, you know ;). I'm not playing one of those games.

Of course better graphics is an improvement and every Wii owner knows that. But it is a fact that the Wii does not have the power to have HD and graphics like PS3 and 360, so why complaining all the time that Wii is underpowered? It is and developers should make the best out of it. Some of them did a really good job and I am enjoying their games. They would probably look better on a HD console but Wii isn't HD - that's why I do not care for HD visuals on a Wii game.

"I must admit, I am surprised by some of you. I dont have a problem with you being happy, I just think some of you may need to agknowledge the fact that you could be happier."

What a dumb concept. That implies that they somehow think they are at maximum happiness.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

I'm trying to grasp why exactly it is that Nintendo-fans have no problem with Nintendo, but everyone who plays PS3 or 360 immediately jumps onto us yelling about how our gaming lives could be so much better if we played other consoles because the Wii sucks.

Seriously, ultraslick, I don't know any way to say this without being rude, but, you don't even own a Wii. Get out of here, man.

Actually I'm getting a PS3 for Christmas. I just couldn't pass up Uncharted 2. The first one just about sold the system for me and the 2nd one sealed the deal. There's lots of games I love, and I was seriously harder than the hardest or hardcore's hardcore hardly core enough to be hardcore compared to my awesome might for a while (competitive Quake 3), but as a happily married adult it does get pushed to the side just because there's so much more going on in life.

There comes a time in life (usually mid 20s-early 30s) where you either put down the controller for good or find other ways to game. The Wii allows me to play with my wife who still treats dying in games as a horrible tragedy. I shit you not getting chased in Mario Galaxy brings screams of fear because she thinks poor Mario doesn't deserve the abuse. "He's got 47 lives!" doesn't compute. The cool thing is she's not that damn hag sitting on the couch goin "I don't know what you see in those stupid things" and not giving me sex that night because I played a game, she actually wants to join in and take part!

She is right now what I was in the 1980s: discovering Mario, learning that's okay to die, working her way up to try tougher stuff. There's a lot of people in her same position, the exact same people who said 5 years ago "turn that stupid shit off and grow up"

If nothing else, the video game industry owes Nintendo a lot for opening that door.

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
"I must admit, I am surprised by some of you. I dont have a problem with you being happy, I just think some of you may need to agknowledge the fact that you could be happier."

What a dumb concept. That implies that they somehow think they are at maximum happiness.

Isnt that what wii only owners think?  They are as happy as they could possibly be with games.. right?

maximum happiness... jesus what the hell are we even talking about here guys.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

cAPSLOCK said:
Actually I'm getting a PS3 for Christmas. I just couldn't pass up Uncharted 2. The first one just about sold the system for me and the 2nd one sealed the deal. There's lots of games I love, and I was seriously harder than the hardest or hardcore's hardcore hardly core enough to be hardcore compared to my awesome might for a while (competitive Quake 3), but as a happily married adult it does get pushed to the side just because there's so much more going on in life.

There comes a time in life (usually mid 20s-early 30s) where you either put down the controller for good or find other ways to game. The Wii allows me to play with my wife who still treats dying in games as a horrible tragedy. I shit you not getting chased in Mario Galaxy brings screams of fear because she thinks poor Mario doesn't deserve the abuse. "He's got 47 lives!" doesn't compute. The cool thing is she's not that damn hag sitting on the couch goin "I don't know what you see in those stupid things" and not giving me sex that night because I played a game, she actually wants to join in and take part!

She is right now what I was in the 1980s: discovering Mario, learning that's okay to die, working her way up to try tougher stuff. There's a lot of people in her same position, the exact same people who said 5 years ago "turn that stupid shit off and grow up"

If nothing else, the video game industry owes Nintendo a lot for opening that door.

Thats cool, my gf is the same way.. she will play Ratchet and Clank and yell at the tv.  Singstar is crazy with her, although a little bit annoying after a while, as all the songs she likes to sing are insanely girly.

It kinda sounds like you give the wii a pass because your wife enjoys it and it gets you a night full of video games and sex.....

damn, I need to get a wii.

If and when you have kids you should think about restricting their video game access yearly to the consoles that you played growing up as a kid. that way each year is a new generation!

I like your style cAPSLOCK.

@MajinTen  : I am very aware of everything wii and have played it numerous times. But regardless, You got it.. Im gone.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

ultraslick said:
cAPSLOCK said:
Stuff

Thats cool, my gf is the same way.. she will play Ratchet and Clank and yell at the tv.  Singstar is crazy with her, although a little bit annoying after a while, as all the songs she likes to sing are insanely girly.

It kinda sounds like you give the wii a pass because your wife enjoys it and it gets you a night full of video games and sex.....

damn, I need to get a wii.

If and when you have kids you should think about restricting their video game access yearly to the consoles that you played growing up as a kid. that way each year is a new generation!

I like your style cAPSLOCK.

@MajinTen  : I am very aware of everything wii and have played it numerous times. But regardless, You got it.. Im gone.

That's actually the plan, we'll be working them up from the NES. My wife discovered Harvest Moon when it came out on the virtual console, Zelda Link to the Past she wants to try, and we figured chronological is a good way to go through games.

But yes, the Wii is great for bringing different people together, even my 96 year old great grandma plays it. Think of it as a social machine, it's what you play when friends and family come over.

I knew this would be a fun thread!

I think this war between IGN and Nintendo fanboys is HILARIOUS. :D