By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The official Taylor Swift thread, keep it all here

Seece said:
Ps3 said:
Seece said:
Ps3 said:
Seece said:
Ps3 said:
Seece said:
You can't seem to look past your bias and see the truth, I think it's now fact you're actually Taylor Swift yourself.

I'm biased!? You are one of the people saying Taylor sucks and will never be anything and that certain music will always be better. Why would you even think that? Because I actually stand up for my opinion?

Saying she sucks is far more true than saying she's a legend in the making, one of the musical greats. I can say it because you're clearly besotted with her ...

It's nothing to do with standing up for your opinion. You could say "she's a great artist and song writer" but you go further than that and it's NOT TRUE.

I said she has the potential. I didn't say she was a legend yet.

I don't agree that shes only a great artist and song writer, I think her music is beyond her age and she is fantastic. Saying I can't go further than that is just wrong.

She will never be a legend. FACT.

That is your opinion and I disagree. I'll take it a step further, I think some of the musical legends if they released music today they wouldn't even sell.

Yeah but .. it's not an opinion.

Why because you said so? Why will she never be a legend? Please don't repeat the SHE WONT BE HERE IN 6 MONTHS line.

psrock said:
Ps3 said:
psrock said:
Ps3 said:
Seece said:
Ps3 said:
Seece said:
You can't seem to look past your bias and see the truth, I think it's now fact you're actually Taylor Swift yourself.

I'm biased!? You are one of the people saying Taylor sucks and will never be anything and that certain music will always be better. Why would you even think that? Because I actually stand up for my opinion?

Saying she sucks is far more true than saying she's a legend in the making, one of the musical greats. I can say it because you're clearly besotted with her ...

It's nothing to do with standing up for your opinion. You could say "she's a great artist and song writer" but you go further than that and it's NOT TRUE.

I don't agree that shes only a great artist and song writer, I think her music is beyond her age and she is fantastic. Saying I can't go further than that is just wrong.

psrock said:
Alright, I am going to nice to PS3, please do tell me a little bit about TS, I really don't know a thing about her or her music, why is she so great?

Thank you for being nice. It's nice to finally see someone who can handle opinions. I think Taylor is so great because when she writes a song it creates a mental picture of how she was actually feeling when she wrote the song, when she sang it for the first time, when she came up with the melody of the song. Her music oozes with truth and promise. She may not be the greatest singer EVER, but neither were the beatles or some other huge acts. It was because they had a good voice and wrote incredibly lyrics and produced great music. Taylor puts all her power into a song to make sure it means something and to me thats a true artist.

she writes her own songs? How old is she ?

She also produces, comes up with her own melodys, aranges how her shows go everything. She just turned 20.

how's her voice compared to great one like her, Miley and Britney ?

She outsings them.. They aren't even in the same league as her. Taylor isn't a pop singer, she's a country singer which pop radio just embraces.

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

BUY TAYLOR'S NEW ALBUM REPUTATION!!

Around the Network

Meant to edit my post

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

BUY TAYLOR'S NEW ALBUM REPUTATION!!

Ps3 said:
Seece said:
Ps3 said:
Seece said:
Ps3 said:
Seece said:

She will never be a legend. FACT.

That is your opinion and I disagree. I'll take it a step further, I think some of the musical legends if they released music today they wouldn't even sell.

Do you think Super Mario Bros, Pac-Man, King's Quest, Prince of Persia, Tomb Raider, and Final Fantasy VII would all be legendary games if they were all released today?

Christ, people.

No one can predict the future.
No one can say what would have happened if the past turned out differently.

Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to tone it down before someone starts swinging the banhammer.

<insert awesome signature here>

Errr pretty sure Taylor Swift counts as Country-pop with most of her songs straddling the borderline, especially the ones from Fearless.

Her success is pretty noteworthy, but I think it is a little overboard and premature to start calling her a legend, even potentially. She has two 4m+ albums and a sold out tour, but she hasn't really been around all that long. I'm pretty sure it takes quite a long time to be recognized and be called a legend.

Let's wait maybe, around a generation later? If she is still popular and relevant, then there would be no doubt.

Around the Network
jdelanoy said:
Christ, people.

No one can predict the future.
No one can say what would have happened if the past turned out differently.

Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to tone it down before someone starts swinging the banhammer.

You're right we can't predict the future but that doesn't stop us from making educated guesses.

There have been many people/bands to make it big that had that oh they're going places feeling about them and then disappear a few years later. 

For instance, the Dixie Chicks were the shit late 90's, early 2000's and they were everywhere even if you didn't like country.  People said the same things Ps3 says about Taylor Swift now and it looked light they were going to be legendary. 

I would be surprised if Ps3 even knew who the Dixie Chicks are.

And if that were the only example I might call it a fluke, but there are countless examples like this I can list off the top of my head and I don't even pay attention to popular music that much.

The truth of the matter is Taylor Swift isn't a bad musician and it's cool that Ps3 feels so much from her music.  I think everyone should have an artist that makes them feel like that.

BUT she isn't a legend and she isn't a legend in the making.  In five years there will be a new batch of artists and Taylor Swift will all but be forgotten. 

And Ps3, you can get pissy all you want but you really brought this on yourself by making so many threads dedicated to her.  I don't think anyone is arguing that you love her and are moved by her music, that doesn't mean everyone else is and everyone else wants to see thread after thread about her.

I suppose that when Strategyking comes in here and says I'm being childish, that makes him amazing. But when I put up legitimate arguments that you can't fight, that means I'm making a scene. How incredibly convenient for someone who can't defend their opinions.

I realize that Taylor Swift has some successful albums, and that she's doing pretty well for herself. Good for her. But by comparison, Garth Brooks has sold over 100 million albums in the U.S.,has an album that sold over 20 million copies, and is generally the most famous country star of all time. Why not praise his name all the time?

MontanaHatchet said:
I suppose that when Strategyking comes in here and says I'm being childish, that makes him amazing. But when I put up legitimate arguments that you can't fight, that means I'm making a scene. How incredibly convenient for someone who can't defend their opinions.

I realize that Taylor Swift has some successful albums, and that she's doing pretty well for herself. Good for her. But by comparison, Garth Brooks has sold over 100 million albums in the U.S.,has an album that sold over 20 million copies, and is generally the most famous country star of all time. Why not praise his name all the time?

Or Jonhnny Cash when we are talking legendary country singers. Let's face it, young singers are nearly never growing out to be legends. Older sings that hit mainstream, those are usually the ones that keep on going and have their name edged out, tragedies excluded.

But let me sort of predict TS's career path:

1: Current - Releasing million selling albums, lot's of airtime on MTV, got her own riot when she was asshol'd of stage by West. Fills stadiums.

2: One of two albums from now the creative spark is gone and TS releases an album on auto-pilot. Collective "meh" from music industry. Sells still gangbusters to fans. PS3 makes 5 threads to lament in glory and is subsequently banned for a few days because he didn't keep it in this thread.

3: Uh-oh... apparantly TS has a minor drug/alcohol problem when she is seen stepping drunk out of a bar (21 is legal drinking age in US right?!)

4: Few months later she checks into re-hab. Press throws a fitty over "what a shame". No one here cares until Ps3 defends TS like a zealous Christian knight on the crumbling walls of Jerusalem. Respectful still but not too smart. Board has a fieldday.

5: TS released from rehab. Makes album about her experiences and being sorry for her fans. Album sells like gangbusters. More mature then previous albums. Ps3 revels in the fact that he was "right".

6: First tit/flapps shots of TS as she gets out of a car drunk. Or fighting someone, whatever the rage is between musicians that time.

7: Music? did TS make music? All I know now of her is that tit/fighting photograph and that she is preggers from boyfriend number 3.

8: Perez Hilton interviews taylor Swift, subsequently draws penisses all over the taken photographs during the interview. Throws hissy-fit over her unseemly ramblings.

9: Child services take children away. Ps3 starts on a noble quest to bring them back because legendary TS can care for children damn it! Remember the child-aide concert she held 5 years ago?

10: TS manages to make 2 #1 hit singles in the US bending on her new image as single mom who fights injustice (child protective services). "Longevity of TS" makes Ps3 creamy.

11: TS fades into obscurity finally. With everyone bored around her custodian battles and new pop-stars that have arrived they can finally "Leave the poor girl alone. Really, stop it, leave her alone!". Ps3 finds a new love and we get to hate on a new little pop-starlet.

This all in the assumption that Ps3 does not forget TS in the upcoming year when "Jehessa" or "Brook3" or someone else with a ridiculous stage name enters the ever growing line of popular new singers who take their turn in jumping a few times up and down the bloated carcass that was once MTV.

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

Esmoreit said:
MontanaHatchet said:

Or Jonhnny Cash when we are talking legendary country singers. Let's face it, young singers are nearly never growing out to be legends. Older sings that hit mainstream, those are usually the ones that keep on going and have their name edged out, tragedies excluded.

But let me sort of predict TS's career path:

1: Current - Releasing million selling albums, lot's of airtime on MTV, got her own riot when she was asshol'd of stage by West. Fills stadiums.

2: One of two albums from now the creative spark is gone and TS releases an album on auto-pilot. Collective "meh" from music industry. Sells still gangbusters to fans. PS3 makes 5 threads to lament in glory and is subsequently banned for a few days because he didn't keep it in this thread.

3: Uh-oh... apparantly TS has a minor drug/alcohol problem when she is seen stepping drunk out of a bar (21 is legal drinking age in US right?!)

4: Few months later she checks into re-hab. Press throws a fitty over "what a shame". No one here cares until Ps3 defends TS like a zealous Christian knight on the crumbling walls of Jerusalem. Respectful still but not too smart. Board has a fieldday.

5: TS released from rehab. Makes album about her experiences and being sorry for her fans. Album sells like gangbusters. More mature then previous albums. Ps3 revels in the fact that he was "right".

6: First tit/flapps shots of TS as she gets out of a car drunk. Or fighting someone, whatever the rage is between musicians that time.

7: Music? did TS make music? All I know now of her is that tit/fighting photograph and that she is preggers from boyfriend number 3.

8: Perez Hilton interviews taylor Swift, subsequently draws penisses all over the taken photographs during the interview. Throws hissy-fit over her unseemly ramblings.

9: Child services take children away. Ps3 starts on a noble quest to bring them back because legendary TS can care for children damn it! Remember the child-aide concert she held 5 years ago?

10: TS manages to make 2 #1 hit singles in the US bending on her new image as single mom who fights injustice (child protective services). "Longevity of TS" makes Ps3 creamy.

11: TS fades into obscurity finally. With everyone bored around her custodian battles and new pop-stars that have arrived they can finally "Leave the poor girl alone. Really, stop it, leave her alone!". Ps3 finds a new love and we get to hate on a new little pop-starlet.

This all in the assumption that Ps3 does not forget TS in the upcoming year when "Jehessa" or "Brook3" or someone else with a ridiculous stage name enters the ever growing line of popular new singers who take their turn in jumping a few times up and down the bloated carcass that was once MTV.

Between 7 and 8, we'd probably see Ps3 make a video called "LEAVE TAYLOR SWIFT ALONE!!!"

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Just let this thread die, as no one seems to care.

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."