By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The official Endless Ocean: Blue world thread of pure Joy and Awesomeness

I love the first one to bits, bought it right when it came out, but full price turns me off a great deal. I'll pick it up eventually when it drops, I've got a lot to do still in the first one.

Around the Network
TWRoO said:
Gamerace said:

Endless Ocean is one of my favorite games this gen.   EO2 is definitely a first day purchase for me (even if it is full price).   

I hope they don't focus on adventure too much.   I really liked to relax with EO.   Now if only one of my friends get it so we can swim together.  Finally my Wii Speak might get some use.   At least in EO the poor sound quality will be immersive. 

If this one is not locked for the 3 regions (unlike the first one) then i'll play.

Hopefully it won't be so we can.     I sold my copy of Endless Ocean and have always regretted that.   Think I'll buy it back use to finish my collection too while I wait for this one.   I was about 90% done.

Skorpion said:

I love the first one to bits, bought it right when it came out, but full price turns me off a great deal. I'll pick it up eventually when it drops, I've got a lot to do still in the first one.

The price doesn't turn me off at all. It is clear that the first game was something of an experiment and was priced accordingly (and still some people complained , saying that BECAUSE of the price it must be shovelware - there is no pleasing some).

For me, Endless Ocean represents the best value for money I have ever got out of a game. Even measuring objectively in money per hour it is way ahead of anything else, and it would still be if it had been full price. Heck, it would still have been my best ever value game ifI had bought a Wii specially to play it on.

There is no way I'll begrudge them a fair return for all the work that has clearly been put in for what is - whatever happens - still going to be a niche title.

Naraku_Diabolos said:
Cheebee said:
Naraku_Diabolos said:

I was foaming at the mouth when I read the beginning of the thread, Cheebee. I linked your thread over on the www.celticwomanforum.com (Celtic Woman Forum). So far no one has posted on the thread I made on there...

I hope the game features Orinoco Flow by Celtic Woman, as it fits the game perfectly.

Haha, yeah their music fits the game perfectly, doesn't it?

I just checked out your thread on that forum, pretty cool. I'm sure more people will react, give it time. I dunno if there are more songs by Celtic Woman in the game, I presume there are, can't imagine there being only the few I listed. But those are the ones I found out about. Besides, the original had quite a few by Haley Westenra, too, so I'd imagine they'd put more of Celtic Woman in this one. There's surprisingly little info about the music available online, probably because it's only out in Japan yet...

And I agree about Orinoco Flow, that'd be cool!

Also, I'm not sure yet, but from what I've gathered SD card music playback is not supported this time around, unlike in the original, where you could listen to your own custom music. Not that that matters to me anyway, since I always listened to the game's own soundtrack.

I got an autograph from one of the members of Celtic Woman. Actually two, but the first one the singer had signed the envelope of the package and inside of the CD case:

I could scan in the other image, but I'm too lazy to go into my car and get the album.

Wow, that's pretty cool man! And nevermind the other one, I believe you, haha. But that's really nice, that they'd write a little something for you as well, instead of just a quick autograph. I was just listening to some of their music... now I want the game even more!

Also, I agree with phisheep, the original EO being priced low was pretty sweet, but I don't mind this new one being full price one bit. It's a full game, and one that's clearly had a ton of work put into it, with really great production values. Heck, it even includes licensed music, and the graphics are some of the best on Wii, apparently. Plus online play, including Wii Speak support, and practically endless replay value (lol, see what I did there?). It wouldn't really make sense for them to sell this game for 30 bucks, just because the first one was. This game's clearly not shovelware or a budget title.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

phisheep said:
Skorpion said:

The price doesn't turn me off at all. It is clear that the first game was something of an experiment and was priced accordingly (and still some people complained , saying that BECAUSE of the price it must be shovelware - there is no pleasing some).

For me, Endless Ocean represents the best value for money I have ever got out of a game. Even measuring objectively in money per hour it is way ahead of anything else, and it would still be if it had been full price. Heck, it would still have been my best ever value game ifI had bought a Wii specially to play it on.

There is no way I'll begrudge them a fair return for all the work that has clearly been put in for what is - whatever happens - still going to be a niche title.

Either you have played an astonishing amount of Endless Ocean or you don't play your other games much.... actually come to think of it part of the reason will be that I very rarely buy games full price.

I mean I have spent 105 hours on Endless Ocean... I didn't actually buy it myself it was a present, but it cost £19 I think

Mario Kart Wii cost me £30, so 1.5 times the price, but I have spent 330+ hours on it... that is probably my best £/hour figures.... but some other games will beat Endless Ocean by simply not costing full price:
Resident Evil 4 Wii edition cost me £24 (I think) and I have spent 210 hours on it (It could have been just £20, in which case it beats MKWii)
Okami Wii cost me £12, and I have spent 79 hours on it
No More Heroes and Metroid Prime 3 I bought as an offer for £30, so £15 each and I have spent 52 and 76 hours on them respectively.
Wii sports is kind of tricky considering it came "free" with the system, but I have spent 115 hours on it anyhow.

Around the Network
TWRoO said:
phisheep said:
Skorpion said:

Either you have played an astonishing amount of Endless Ocean or you don't play your other games much.... actually come to think of it part of the reason will be that I very rarely buy games full price.

I mean I have spent 105 hours on Endless Ocean... I didn't actually buy it myself it was a present, but it cost £19 I think

Mario Kart Wii cost me £30, so 1.5 times the price, but I have spent 330+ hours on it... that is probably my best £/hour figures.... but some other games will beat Endless Ocean by simply not costing full price:
Resident Evil 4 Wii edition cost me £24 (I think) and I have spent 210 hours on it (It could have been just £20, in which case it beats MKWii)
No More Heroes and Metroid Prime 3 I bought as an offer for £30, so £15 each and I have spent 52 and 76 hours on them respectively.
Wii sports is kind of tricky considering it came "free" with the system, but I have spent 115 hours on it anyhow.

Good guess!

I wouldn't say I don't play other games much - I tend to squeeze the very last drop of blood out of a purchase. For example Okami at 195 hours, or Twilight Princess at 359 hours is going some. So is Little Kings Story at 142 hours. Though you can probably divide eachof those by 2 as there was more thanone of us playing.

But Endless Ocean at 870 hours is, I will admit, something that counts as an astionishing amount. I bought it the same day as Super Mario Galaxy, but Galaxy never even made it out of the box.

Plus, I do tend to buy at full price most of the time. The only major exception being No More Heroes which I picked up for about £7 and played to death - and that comes second in the value stakes for me.

phisheep said:
TWRoO said:
phisheep said:
Skorpion said:

Good guess!

I wouldn't say I don't play other games much - I tend to squeeze the very last drop of blood out of a purchase. For example Okami at 195 hours, or Twilight Princess at 359 hours is going some. So is Little Kings Story at 142 hours. Though you can probably divide eachof those by 2 as there was more thanone of us playing.

But Endless Ocean at 870 hours is, I will admit, something that counts as an astionishing amount. I bought it the same day as Super Mario Galaxy, but Galaxy never even made it out of the box.

Plus, I do tend to buy at full price most of the time. The only major exception being No More Heroes which I picked up for about £7 and played to death - and that comes second in the value stakes for me.

Wait - WHAT?! 870 hours? Good god. O_O

Also, get Galaxy out of that box, now!!

Cheebee said:

I did, but only last month.

Rather enjoyable as well - all 131 hours of it.

phisheep said:
Cheebee said:

I did, but only last month.

Rather enjoyable as well - all 131 hours of it.

Ah, you did huh, good! Glad to see you got a bit of playtime out of that game then, too.

Now, to keep this thread from derailing, to stay on topic, an awesome EO2 screenshot for your viewing pleasure:

Can't wait - I want to be there giving up yet another vast chunk of my life.

Roll on an announcement of EU release date.