By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The official Endless Ocean: Blue world thread of pure Joy and Awesomeness

Updated the OP with Famitsu's review score.

Also, PAL release date leaked? Apparently, online retailer DVDCrave (Australia), has the game set for a Feb. 25, 2010 release. Australia uses the PAL standard, same as Europe. So, while this is far from an official confirmation, it's at least interesting. Seeing how the game will come out in the US on Feb. 22, this Australian date doesn't seem so far-fetched. More interesting still, they have it listed for 70 AUD, instead of the apparently regular 80 AUD. Australian Wii-news website mywii.com.au cites the retailer as having been trustworthy in the past.

Of course, even if this turns out to be real, we'll have to wait and see when the game will come to Europe, and for what price. Hopefully, me and my fellow Europeans won't have to wait too long...

And finally, another delicious shot, just for the heck of it:

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network

I wish this song would be in Endless Ocean 2...

Too bad it's a tribute song for children...

For me, it's the best game of my life.

I'm waiting the number 2 with great expectations....

Viva ENDLESS OCEAN 2

Naraku_Diabolos said:

That'd be a nice song to have in there.

I'm really eager to see the full list of songs that'll be in the game, but whatever it turns out to be, I'm sure they'll be great and will fit the game perfectly.

Cheebee said:
Naraku_Diabolos said:

That'd be a nice song to have in there.

I'm really eager to see the full list of songs that'll be in the game, but whatever it turns out to be, I'm sure they'll be great and will fit the game perfectly.

"Beyond the Sea" is a given. I LOVE that song. I don't like it that their Celtic Woman Essentials Collection had cut out Hayley Westenra's singing in it. It's almost as if that they cut Hayley out of this release to show more Alex Sharpe and Lynn Hilary (which they need to as they are the newest members), plus since Hayley was only 'temporary'...

I forget if "May It Be" (Lisa Kelly sings it for Celtic Woman) could be in it. I'm going through my list song listings right now.
"The Soft Goodbye" (another Lisa song, and one of my favorites)
"You Raise Me Up" (DEFINITELY a given; the ladies have always performed it in every concert right next to "Spanish Lady," though that one was left out in their "Songs From the Heart" special on TV)
"The Sky, the Dawn, and the Sun" (a beautiful song and it should fit the mood for the game when a new day begins, because that's what the song is about)
"Somewhere Over the Rainbow" (since it's nature-like)
"Shenandoah: The Pacific Slope" (another 'duh' given)
"The Voice" (has nature lyrics and talks about the voice of nature and the human soul; I found it funny when I heard Alex singing it at the concert for the first time, as 'her voice' literally blew out the mic for a few seconds)
"Isle of Inisfree" since it is from an Irish poem about seclusion and solitude on an island away from civilization (I had to look it up on Encarta on my computer, but Inisfree is spelt Innisfree in Gaelic with an extra N in it)
"Walking in the Air" (if you haven't seen the children's cartoon of the book called "The Snowman," that's where the song is from)
"Vivaldi's Rain [Theme from Four Seasons - Winter]" (it's the SAME song as Hayley Westenra's "River of Dreams from the first Endless Ocean game, it's just that Chloe's version is sung in Latin)
"The Water Is Wide" (Orla's version with the harp being played, or Chloe's version)
"Lift the Wings" (it's from the play of Riverdance, but Lisa sings it on her album)
"Send Me a Song" (talks about love overseas)
"Dubhdarra" (talks about a girl who is in love with a sailor, or so I think from the lyrics)
"Take Me With You" (by Lynn, asking her love to take me with you where ever you go, love-dovey such, one of my favorites lol)
"There Is No Night" (instrumental by Mairead, the fiddler of the group)
"Captain H" (another instrumental by Mairead)
"An Raibh Tu Ag An Gcarraig?" (I dunno what it means because it's in Gaelic, but it's one of the rare songs that features Mairead singing; I have it listed because it has a ship creaking in it)
"Dante's Prayer" (by Meav, assuming it's based upon the story of Dante)
"Down by the Salley Gardens" (one of my absolute favorites, both Meav and Orla sing it; talks about spending time at a Salley Garden, or a traditional Irish garden, with a loved one)
"You Brought Me Up" (by Meav, has lyrics dedicated towards a sailor as her lover)
"Since You and I Were True" (a love song that Meav sings; beautiful lyrics)
"Distant Shore" (by Orla, a love song, really beautiful)
"Dancing in the Moonlight" (not the song that's played like in the movie, "A Walk To Remember," as this one has different lyrics; this one is a love song)
"Swimming in the Barrow" (talks about summertime and wanting to go swimming in the river, much like how children do)

These songs are ones that have some parts of their lyrics referring to the ocean or water.

Around the Network

The music in the Japanese version is

Ave Maria
Carrickfergus
Dulaman
Isle of Inisfree
Nella Fantasia
One world
The Last Rose of Summer
The Prayer
The Soft goodbye

Just thought I'd let you know that the EU release date is february 5th

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/endless-ocean-2-dated-for-europe

Thought I would add a couple more images that I don't think I have seen before:

right click and view image to see their full size... these two and the two that cheebee posted in the later parts of the thread (one with whales and one with a diver heading for some ruins) are being cycled as my desktop background at the moment.

Edit: Cheebee's versions seem to be compressed, so here are links for the full size versions of all 4 images:

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/9/2009/12/endless_ocean2.jpg
http://www.latinogamers.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/yDXzenedS.jpg
http://www.latinogamers.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/WhmUIHvav.jpg
http://www.latinogamers.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/ntoMeZxFk.jpg

Thanks for the heads-up, Rainbird! I added the info to the OP. Nice to see Europe getting a game before the US, seems to happen more and more lately! This also means the game will release here in less than a month... OMG I'm so hyped right now!
And phisheep, thanks for mentioning that list, I'll add it to the OP, too. Got a link to confirm those are actually in the game? Not that I don't believe you, just making sure.
And Naraku_Diabolos, wow that's quite the list there... thanks for the research, nice job. Though with phisheep's comment, it seems unlikely these will all be in the game... But you were right on some of them, sweet!
Finally, TWRoO, those are some nice shot's I'd seen 'em before, but not in such high-res. Thanks for adding them, they sure look neat.

Cheebee - it might end up being full price, I don't know, but present US preorder prices online everywhere I checked (Gamestop, Amazon, Walmart) are around the $29.99 mark.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin