By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan First Day Sales 12/10 (Tales of Graces and other games)

Dang, that Graces figure is kinda surprising. I thought it'd outdo the PS3 version of Vesperia pretty easily.

I'm mostly surprised at Modern Warfare 2. Those are excellent sales.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
nintendo_fanboy said:
trestres you are so annoying with your atttitude, really.

Opening for ToG has not been fantastic, but Tales games are selling all the same in Japan anyway. Recent ones all have ended up inbetween 200k and 300k, no matter if they were good like Tales of Innocence, bad like Tales of the Tempest, on handhelds or on home consoles, main games, sequels or spinoffs.

Since Wii games are usually selling a bit better over the weekend than HD games, it might end up with a similar first week as ToV on PS3 which would be fine for me. Determing if the game will be a hit is its performance in the west though, if it gets a proper release.

Tales of Graces will not come close to Vesperia's FW on the PS3. Tales games dont have legs.

And why am I annoying? You are the only one upset by my comments, in this thread. You are being overly sensitive.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

nintendo_fanboy said:
trestres you are so annoying with your atttitude, really.

Opening for ToG has not been fantastic, but Tales games are selling all the same in Japan anyway. Recent ones all have ended up inbetween 200k and 300k, no matter if they were good like Tales of Innocence, bad like Tales of the Tempest, on handhelds or on home consoles, main games, sequels or spinoffs.

Since Wii games are usually selling a bit better over the weekend than HD games, it might end up with a similar first week as ToV on PS3 which would be fine for me. Determing if the game will be a hit is its performance in the west though, if it gets a proper release.

I wonder when people are going to realize that legs aren't dependant on the platform as much as they are on the type of game and the appeal it has. Tales games did not have good legs on the DS or PS2, why would they on the Wii?

Also, when will Konami ever put out a PES on the Wii on time.

Oh man i feel for Soriku now :P
And yeah MW2 numbers are huge for a western game, its similar to those of GTA games in Japan which is pretty good for the series

Not good at all for Graces. PS3 looks like the console for RPG's then (not counting handhelds of course).

Call of Duty did great.

Around the Network

It's still far too early to label this game anything. Let's wait and hear what the gamers have to say about the game. Many factors must be taken into consideration. If this game ends up selling worse than Symphonia 2, an inferior game, then there must be a reason for it. Symphonia was one of the most successful Tales game, so I see why many people bought its sequel despite its quality.

999, is that a dating sim where you have 1 hour per room?

Innervate said:
It's still far too early to label this game anything. Let's wait and hear what the gamers have to say about the game. Many factors must be taken into consideration. If this game ends up selling worse than Symphonia 2, an inferior game, then there must be a reason for it. Symphonia was one of the most successful Tales game, so I see why many people bought its sequel despite its quality.

Tales of Symphonia only sold 330k lifetime in Japan if I remember correctly. Most of its sales came from America.

Innervate said:

This is what I was thinking as well. Symphonia 1 did really well and had a lot of fans, so you have to figure quite a few of those fans bought the sequel even though it got less than stellar reviews.  I really will be interested to see where ToG's final sales are at when it is all said and done.  

Reasonable fist day for graces, I can see this selling more in eu/na than tos2.