By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan First Day Sales 12/10 (Tales of Graces and other games)

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Hero_time88 said:
Yes, it would be great for ToG outselling an entry like Hearts that basically bombed, or at least sold below expectations...

Compare it to a console version like Abyss or Vesperia, which is were the Tales of games seem to belong man.

Personally, I think it's unfair how everyone is putting the two Vesperia-games together and comparing them to Graces. First off, that's on two consoles. Second off, the PS3 version is vastly improved (Something everyone decides to ignore whenever talking about it's sales or pretty much anything regarding it). Believe you me, many of the people who bought it on the 360 bought it on the PS3 as well.

And, as usual, I have to throw in the fact that these are only first day sales and that we have no idea if bundles are being counted or not.

thats the tradeoff of making "exclusive" games. Fanboys will love to brag about them, but sales usually will be greater for multi-platform titles. The JRPG audience just isn't on the Wii, but it will come once DQ X hits.

Around the Network

Also, I must ask this:

If NSMB:Wii and FFXIII are to adversely effect game sales, then will Call of Duty MW2 nearly outsell the LTD performances on both consoles in a week?

COD4 sold ~170k LTD in Japan and MW2 sold 110k in a day.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Soriku said:
Hero_time88 said:
Why dind't we saw a main Tales of for the GameCube, despite that Team Symphonia had more experience with the GameCube than with the PS2? It's was even noticable because Tales of the Abyss was technically less impresive than ToS.

And maybe there hasn't been main entry for the PSP, becuase the Tales of teams have been busy with other consoles? Team Destiny has been working on Graces for three years and Team Symphonia just finished three months ago the final version for ToV...

Namco of course couldn't know that DS entrys would sell that bad

@mrstick

lol? Have you taken a look at other Tales games released around Christmas? Of course you haven't. ToG is on track to beat ToH's first week (140k) and ToH ended up selling 250k LTD. Selling 300k would be the least surprising thing ever. And nobody expected this game to sell like ToV on both platforms.

Umm, why?  It had lower first day sales, and I thought all these big releases were supposed to bring down the sales.

MW 2 is huge for japan
tales of graces bombed since it is released in the holiday season and is also bundled , on a 8,9 millions userbase they should have released it on PS3

ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
MW 2 is huge for japan
tales of graces bombed since it is released in the holiday season and is also bundled , on a 8,9 millions userbase they should have released it on PS3

Your username clearly shows how unbiased you are.

Around the Network
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
MW 2 is huge for japan

THE CONSOLES YOU OWN SHOW CLEARLY YOUR OPINION FOR PS3

ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
MW 2 is huge for japan

I love how people say bombed so casually, since this has been almost on the same levels as previous holiday season tales. Yes it did not do as well as vesperia, but "certain fanbase" sure love to throw out the word bomb so easily.They did it with Monster hunter and now they are doing it with this.

Anyways I am not going to bother with the rest of this thread.

Edit: Ps3_jrpg_gamer what does it show about me? Am I a ps3 hater as well.

ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
MW 2 is huge for japan

Caps makes it all better.

Seriously, your username is ps3_jrpg_gamer and you go into a thread about a JRPG on another console going "it bombed they should've made it for the PS3" and you don't think that's just a little too close to trolling? Really?

ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
MW 2 is huge for japan

Oh god

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?

just wait and see when ff13 sells 1,2 millions on ps3 all wii owners will say it is a bomb because it has the worst main ff opening but noone considers the userbase
i have seen a lot of people saying that games in america sells more on 360 they don 't take account difference in userbase and sometimes ps3 version sells more in america