By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan First Day Sales 12/10 (Tales of Graces and other games)

I like how standard issue Wii damage control has changed from, "Supply constraint.", to, "Bu but, it will probably turn a profit."!

PSN - hanafuda

Around the Network
jarrod said:
Bundles should be counted. I tend to agree it'll be less frontloaded than the usual Tales due to to the platform and holiday season (both were also true for Hearts).

Sad to see how far Tales has fallen though. I still remember the 600-800k days on PS2. :/

I don't think we will see a Tales game that successful at all this gen, sadly.

Decent numbers for ToG, hopefully it will sell a bit more before the week is over. I'm kinda worried about how it will look next week though.

hanafuda said:
I like how standard issue Wii damage control has changed from, "Supply constraint.", to, "Bu but, it will probably turn a profit."!

I think it's a lot funnier how everyone is screaming flop and disappointment after seeing first day sales. It's not even first week, it's first day. Of course, trestres is the biggest offender here, but no offense to him, I never take him seriously anymore.

Honestly, it's first day sales and nobody even knows if bundles are counted or not. People need to stop crying and wait until we get more numbers. I would've thought people would know by now that calling flop after one week of sales is a grave mistake with any game, yet here we are, with first day sales and everyone is all chaotic about what a disappointment it is.

My god...

Tales is no Super Mario though and it's always well recognized Nintendo brands and Wii XXX titles that have legs.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

dolemit3 said:
Tales is no Super Mario though and it's always well recognized Nintendo brands and Wii XXX titles that have legs.

I don't think Soriku is saying that Graces will have as great a procentual increase as NSMBWii, but rather that it's way too early to be calling flop after just seeing first day numbers (which may or may not include hardware bundles).

Around the Network
dolemit3 said:

And Dragon Quest.  And Monster Hunter.  And Layton / Inazuma Eleven. <3 <3

Actually, speaking of Level-5 when are we going to see some of their games on Wii?  What the hell happened to Inazuma Eleven Break?

Soriku said:

ToH sold 140k week one and legged it out to 250k. ToG'll sell more than 140k week one so it'll end up higher than ToH. I was expecting 300kish LTD, it should do that or come really close. People expecting something like 400k or more were setting their hopes up too high. Are bundles counted or not? If not then sales are higher.

lol at tres, trolling as usual. Of course they'll make a new Wii Tales if they continue to do new DS Tales. They'll make a new HD one too.

Tales of Keroro is a low-budget spin-off, and the question is where the next main entry will go.

PS3Wii, just like Sengoku BASARA 3, would be te best choice for the next one and everyone would be happy too.

Soriku said:

Level 5 said they weren't ready to show Inazuma Eleven Break...I guess we'll see more if it next year and have it finally be released.

Dumb, but I guess they're changing it into something more than just an IE1 remake then.  They also keep insisting Nunokuni is also coming to a console, which will undoubtedly be Wii.

I'd like to see them do a Layton game personally.  Maybe not a brain teaser, but something more like a pure adventure game or dungeon crawler?

Soriku said:

And no, they won't make a PS3 and Wii multiplat game. They'll make a new HD game (by Team Symphonia), and a new Wii game (by Team Destiny).

Yeah, I tend to think the teams are pretty much set at this point (Symphonia HD, Destiny Wii).  I'm pretty sure the next HD Tales is already deep in development too, and it'll be 360/PS3 day-and-date-multi knowing Namco.

Soriku said:
Hero_time88 said:
Soriku said:

ToH sold 140k week one and legged it out to 250k. ToG'll sell more than 140k week one so it'll end up higher than ToH. I was expecting 300kish LTD, it should do that or come really close. People expecting something like 400k or more were setting their hopes up too high. Are bundles counted or not? If not then sales are higher.

lol at tres, trolling as usual. Of course they'll make a new Wii Tales if they continue to do new DS Tales. They'll make a new HD one too.

Tales of Keroro is a low-budget spin-off, and the question is where the next main entry will go.

PS3Wii, just like Sengoku BASARA 3, would be te best choice for the next one and everyone would be happy too.

That's not what I mean. Tempest sold <100k FW, they still made Innocence. Innocence sold 106 FW (and 76k first day) and they still made Hearts.

And no, they won't make a PS3 and Wii multiplat game. They'll make a new HD game (by Team Symphonia), and a new Wii game (by Team Destiny).

I'd actually like to see a switch over

Destiny doing a HD one & Symphonia doing a Wii one

they should scrap DS/PSP ones now

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey