By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Greenburg makes some bold comments about Reach, PS3, GT5, etc.

Icyedge said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
FonzGemini said:

HAHAHA... he said that PS3 had a "slight" increase and that the marketshare is already stabalizing.... Has he not been keeping up with sales data LoL?... PS3 is catching up quickly. I would consider that more than a "slight" increase. Dont be a sore loser Greenburg.

Wait until the PS3 sales slow down after December. I would love to see the look on your face. GT is coming out in the summer now, so sales are going to slow down in the beginning of the year.

Can you clarify what exactly makes you a proud member of the loyalty free gaming movement?

Means I have no loyalty to Microsoft, Sony or Nintendo. It's about the games to me. :)

Around the Network

What did you guys expect a MS pr guy to say?

As for GT, it will not sell as well as many might think for 2 reasons:

- Forza has provided competition. Forza is more a simulator and GT is more arcade style racing. Two distinct game styles that did not exist until late last generation. Now that there is a choice, some people will pick Forza and other GT but the point is that there are now choices. Note that GT4 sold 5mil less than GT3 while Forza 1 sold 4 mil. Interesting correlation.

- There are not nearly as many PS3 sold as PS2's.

I think it will sell well, and it will probably outsell Forza but I doubt it will hit the levels it had previously.

^^Probably outsell Forza??? are you serious???

I want my JRPGs Greenburg!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

XxXProphecyXxX said:
^^Probably outsell Forza??? are you serious???

Shrug, I have no idea what kind of numbers its going to get. 3-4 mil is probably on the high side but at the same time some of the people who bought the prologue might not want it now that they tried it. I know that the prologue was underwhelming in some ways such as poor AI and no car damage. I think it also lacks any sort of car upgrading/tuning as well but I am not sure about that. Anyway, what did you expect MS to say?

Around the Network

GT5 has the potential to sell up near the PS3 version of MW2, but I suspect that it doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of doing any better

Wow! at some of the comments here and above me.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Icyedge said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
FonzGemini said:

HAHAHA... he said that PS3 had a "slight" increase and that the marketshare is already stabalizing.... Has he not been keeping up with sales data LoL?... PS3 is catching up quickly. I would consider that more than a "slight" increase. Dont be a sore loser Greenburg.

Wait until the PS3 sales slow down after December. I would love to see the look on your face. GT is coming out in the summer now, so sales are going to slow down in the beginning of the year.

Can you clarify what exactly makes you a proud member of the loyalty free gaming movement?

Means I have no loyalty to Microsoft, Sony or Nintendo. It's about the games to me. :)

Thats what I tought but when I was reading some of you comments I wasnt sure.

marc said:

- Forza has provided competition. Forza is more a simulator and GT is more arcade style racing. Two distinct game styles that did not exist until late last generation. Now that there is a choice, some people will pick Forza and other GT but the point is that there are now choices. Note that GT4 sold 5mil less than GT3 while Forza 1 sold 4 mil. Interesting correlation.

I think it will sell well, and it will probably outsell Forza but I doubt it will hit the levels it had previously.

Incorrect.

I'm gonna just wait on GT5. If that game breaks 10 million next year, so much crow is going to be served.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

marc said:

Your ignorance is showing with this post. Forza has nothing to do with the drop in GT3->GT4. The lack of American bundles is why GT4 sold less.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.