By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Greenburg makes some bold comments about Reach, PS3, GT5, etc.

Why bring up GT to Greenberg...especially when comparing it to Halo each...Halo 3 and ODST are going to push nearly 15 million this generation...

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network
coolbeans said:
Feylic said:
coolbeans said:
Feylic said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Lodder said:
WarmachineX said:
GT5 is not a system seller, Halo: Reach is. Halo destroys all competition.

HALO:Reach isn't a system seller. If anyone was going to buy an Xbox360 for a HALO game, they would have already done so for HALO 3. If someone wants a 360 so much for HALO, surely 3 was the game?

Any main franchise Halo is a system seller. The side games aren't system sellers like the RTS 'Halo Wars' and 'ODST'. Reach is a main franchise game and will up the graphics and revamp the engine. The unveiling of Halo Reach is going to get the west pumped up like crazy for the game. There will be large 360 boosted numbers in december 2010.

You really think theres gonna be a large boost? Surely some people will buy a 360 for a new exclusive, but won't most halo fans have already gotten a 360 for halo 3, halo wars, or ODST? It's not gonna be that big system wise.

Who said only Halo fans would (if they haven't already) buy a 360 for Reach? Can't an FPS fan or just a shooting fan in general buy a 360 for Reach as well?

Well, wouldn't most FPS or shooter fans have already gotten a console then for Modern Warfare 1 or 2, or bioshock, or battle field, or any number of other FPS's? I'm just saying there is probably not 100's of thousands of people out there waiting for the next big Halo FPS to buy a 360.. they probably already have one.

That's tough to say for certain but I'm only trying to say to anyone who makes the statement "haven't all the halo fans bought a 360 around Halo 3?" that Halo fans =/= The general population of FPS or general shooter fans. 

This is the better question for people to ask if you just change the language a bit.

As for what the answer is, has yet to be found out but it's safe to say it the possibility is there that Halo: Reach could be a fairly big system seller. 

I mainly said Halo fans because the post I quoted said "Any main franchise Halo is a system seller" which I think implies Halo fans will buy systems.

This guy Greenburg is laughable. He consistently makes several comments about the status of the PS3. He really must be nervous, or insecure about what 360 is doing. You notice PS doesn't site there and dismiss MS games or make multiple comments on how well they are selling machines and software in their PR releases. I woner what he has to say about PS3 outselling the 360 ww.

Halo Reach will be huge but i dont think it will move lot of X360. And FFXIII will be biggest HD game next year not GT5 or Halo Reach. Right Darth ?

I'm sorry, but have people looked at the attach rate for FF games...I'm really confused as to why it's going to do so much different than what historical data shows. As for being dual platform...sure, it's going to do alright, but I doubt it does better than GTA did, whereas Halo Reach is going to be a must have for 360 owners. I can't speak for the appeal of GT5, but the attach rate doesn't speak to 10million+, but we will see soon enough.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

Around the Network
heruamon said:
Why bring up GT to Greenberg...especially when comparing it to Halo each...Halo 3 and ODST are going to push nearly 15 million this generation...

because GT is the only series from Sony that has ever post Halo numbers

coolbeans said:
Feylic said:
coolbeans said:
Feylic said:
coolbeans said:
Feylic said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Lodder said:
WarmachineX said:
GT5 is not a system seller, Halo: Reach is. Halo destroys all competition.

HALO:Reach isn't a system seller. If anyone was going to buy an Xbox360 for a HALO game, they would have already done so for HALO 3. If someone wants a 360 so much for HALO, surely 3 was the game?

Any main franchise Halo is a system seller. The side games aren't system sellers like the RTS 'Halo Wars' and 'ODST'. Reach is a main franchise game and will up the graphics and revamp the engine. The unveiling of Halo Reach is going to get the west pumped up like crazy for the game. There will be large 360 boosted numbers in december 2010.

You really think theres gonna be a large boost? Surely some people will buy a 360 for a new exclusive, but won't most halo fans have already gotten a 360 for halo 3, halo wars, or ODST? It's not gonna be that big system wise.

Who said only Halo fans would (if they haven't already) buy a 360 for Reach? Can't an FPS fan or just a shooting fan in general buy a 360 for Reach as well?

Well, wouldn't most FPS or shooter fans have already gotten a console then for Modern Warfare 1 or 2, or bioshock, or battle field, or any number of other FPS's? I'm just saying there is probably not 100's of thousands of people out there waiting for the next big Halo FPS to buy a 360.. they probably already have one.

That's tough to say for certain but I'm only trying to say to anyone who makes the statement "haven't all the halo fans bought a 360 around Halo 3?" that Halo fans =/= The general population of FPS or general shooter fans. 

This is the better question for people to ask if you just change the language a bit.

As for what the answer is, has yet to be found out but it's safe to say it the possibility is there that Halo: Reach could be a fairly big system seller. 

I mainly said Halo fans because the post I quoted said "Any main franchise Halo is a system seller" which I think implies Halo fans will buy systems.

Yeah, understandable in your case but I just hope others will see that the highlighted comment would be better to say then "Halo:Reach selling hardware? Haven't Halo fans already bought a 360" or however they put it.

most of those games are on PC and I don't have Halo3, but Reach sounds like a much more robust game... a new engine means much better chance for new stuff to be implamented on a engine level

Cueil said:
heruamon said:

because GT is the only series from Sony that has ever post Halo numbers

I think attach rate plays into the conversation, and options as well...it will be interesting to see how well it does...I guess Europeans love racing games, like Japanese love JRPGs, so maybe it will push major weight in PAL.

Bold words indeed.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

So...if Halo Reach does turn out to be the biggest title next year...is Greenburg a genius?