By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Greenburg makes some bold comments about Reach, PS3, GT5, etc.

I really dont care , but everything i have seen this month, shows the ps3 out sold 360, strange, would like to know the real deal. I dont really care about sales, i have saod this all along , just because something sales better does not make that product better. both Ps3 and 360 are great systems I own both, I use my ps3 way more, but love them both. They will both smack each other around on sales as exclusives come out. No big

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
huaxiong90 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
huaxiong90 said:
WarmachineX said:
GT5 is not a system seller, Halo: Reach is. Halo destroys all competition.

Your head is most probably going to be stuck in a bucket full of crow once the game drops.

And in terms of destroying competition, Call of Duty easily rivals it.

Well, sales figures show on the 360 and PS3 that if GT5 was on the 360 as well, it would kill MW2 and so would Halo Reach if it was on the PS3 as well.

That could very well be true (although a little debatable), but that's all theories at this point. I'm just being practical,  as unfair an advantage as MW has.

You have a point. GT5 and Halo Reach are the guilty pleasures of Fanboys of opposite systems though. LOL A lot of PS3 FPS fans want Halo and a lot of European 360 owners want GT5.

Lol, aye. As you've said before, this is why it's awesome to own all three home consoles, since in 2010 all 3 will have a genre-defining games (gonna update my signature soon to show them). Being a close-minded fanboy only limits a person's gaming experience.

As for your other comment: Yeah, I meant regarding timezone. At what time will it air in the US?

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

WarmachineX said:

Now you're just being stupid. I don't want to even argue on this.

COD destroys all competition. What now?

When we say "biggest game of the year", is it just the game released in that year which goes on to sell the most, or is it the game release in that year which sells the most within that year?

If it's the former, Nintendo has managed it every year for the last few and will probably do it again in 2010, if it's the latter MW2 was the biggest game of 2009 and Reach may be the biggest of 2010.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Seece said:
Carl2291 said:
I thought MS would stop with hits at GT5 when F3 released.

Meh, they will learn soon enough.

Anyway, Reach will have some stiff competition next year with 2 other big FPS games releasing close to it, CoD and MoH. Will they affect the legs? Will be an interesting battle.

Learn what? That GT will outsell Forza massively ... yeah news flash, they already know this Carl.

They will never admit it though, and why on earth wouldn't they put GT down and praise Forza .. this statement isn't meant for fans/fanboys.

Its fine if they praise forza, and its normal. But they dont have to put down another brand name while doing so. You should never do that in marketing and PR. Im pretty sure that this guy probably had some talk with his boss after saying those comments. Its not good for the image of the company. It shows that your not THIS confident when you need to put down your competitor. I dont really understand why some people here are defending him. Also an opinion is not a fact, theres a couple of thing in the article that if you would verify factual information it doesnt confirm what he says as a fact. (like number of exclusive)

Anyway he can keep doing that if he want but in the long run its not good for them. I would be of the same opinion if it would be someone from Sony.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
huaxiong90 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
huaxiong90 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
WarmachineX said:

GT5 is a system seller bro. It's only in Europe though.

I really want to see if there'll be a huge rise in pre-orders once GT5 gets a release date for North America.

It will sell like 2 to 2.5 million at the most in America, but America no longer seems to care about GT like they used to.

Yeah, I was a little surprised at the massive drop from GT3 to GT4 for US sales. I guess they're going really mainstream now (as evident by sales of Halo, COD, Gears of War, God of War, etc.).

Sony really need to advertise this game in the US. The UK wouldn't be much of a problem, since not only is that GT's strongest territory, but GT also a Top Gear track, which is also very popular.

Only time will tell, I guess.

On a seperate note: Do you know when the Spike VGA airs? I want to see those 10 games listed, and I also really want to see Halo: Reach's demo.

It comes on Saturday, but you should check Spike.com for your Timezone.

Any place I can live stream it from? I have no Spike here... I've been searching for a while but haven't found anything yet.

Truth does not fear investigation

WarmachineX said:

HALO:Reach isn't a system seller. If anyone was going to buy an Xbox360 for a HALO game, they would have already done so for HALO 3. If someone wants a 360 so much for HALO, surely 3 was the game?

Lodder said:
WarmachineX said:

HALO:Reach isn't a system seller. If anyone was going to buy an Xbox360 for a HALO game, they would have already done so for HALO 3. If someone wants a 360 so much for HALO, surely 3 was the game?

Any main franchise Halo is a system seller. The side games aren't system sellers like the RTS 'Halo Wars' and 'ODST'. Reach is a main franchise game and will up the graphics and revamp the engine. The unveiling of Halo Reach is going to get the west pumped up like crazy for the game. There will be large 360 boosted numbers in december 2010.

huaxiong90 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
huaxiong90 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
huaxiong90 said:
WarmachineX said:

Your head is most probably going to be stuck in a bucket full of crow once the game drops.

And in terms of destroying competition, Call of Duty easily rivals it.

Well, sales figures show on the 360 and PS3 that if GT5 was on the 360 as well, it would kill MW2 and so would Halo Reach if it was on the PS3 as well.

That could very well be true (although a little debatable), but that's all theories at this point. I'm just being practical,  as unfair an advantage as MW has.

You have a point. GT5 and Halo Reach are the guilty pleasures of Fanboys of opposite systems though. LOL A lot of PS3 FPS fans want Halo and a lot of European 360 owners want GT5.

Lol, aye. As you've said before, this is why it's awesome to own all three home consoles, since in 2010 all 3 will have a genre-defining games (gonna update my signature soon to show them). Being a close-minded fanboy only limits a person's gaming experience.

As for your other comment: Yeah, I meant regarding timezone. At what time will it air in the US?

8PM Eastern/7PM Central time.

Carl2291 said:
Seece said:
Carl2291 said:
I thought MS would stop with hits at GT5 when F3 released.

Meh, they will learn soon enough.

Anyway, Reach will have some stiff competition next year with 2 other big FPS games releasing close to it, CoD and MoH. Will they affect the legs? Will be an interesting battle.

Learn what? That GT will outsell Forza massively ... yeah news flash, they already know this Carl.

They will never admit it though, and why on earth wouldn't they put GT down and praise Forza .. this statement isn't meant for fans/fanboys.

The thing is, they dont have any reason to downplay it now Forza has already released. It's called - "Being an ass".

We dont see Polyphony talking shit about Forza... Do we?

I cant wait for GT5 to dominate Forza in both sales and reviews Will be a good day

It's not going to "dominate" in reviews. Forza 3 is a AAA game sitting at 92 on Metacritic. Do you think GT 5 is going to score 100 or something, because even if it did, I'd really wonder if you knew what the word "dominate" meant.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.