By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Greenburg makes some bold comments about Reach, PS3, GT5, etc.

WarmachineX said:
GT5 is not a system seller, Halo: Reach is. Halo destroys all competition.

GT5 is a system seller bro. It's only in Europe though.

Around the Network
WarmachineX said:

Your head is most probably going to be stuck in a bucket full of crow once the game drops.

And in terms of destroying competition, Call of Duty easily rivals it.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

S.T.A.G.E. said:
WarmachineX said:

I really want to see if there'll be a huge rise in pre-orders once GT5 gets a release date for North America.

huaxiong90 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
WarmachineX said:

I really want to see if there'll be a huge rise in pre-orders once GT5 gets a release date for North America.

It will sell like 2 to 2.5 million at the most in America, but America no longer seems to care about GT like they used to.

huaxiong90 said:
WarmachineX said:

Your head is most probably going to be stuck in a bucket full of crow once the game drops.

Well, sales figures show on the 360 and PS3 that if GT5 was on the 360 as well, it would kill MW2 and so would Halo Reach if it was on the PS3 as well.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
huaxiong90 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
WarmachineX said:

It will sell like 2 to 2.5 million at the most in America, but America no longer seems to care about GT like they used to.

That may/may not be true. We'll have to wait and see what GT5 does to know for sure. We've only had the first handheld GT release and Prologue this gen. I imagine HUGE marketing for GT5 in all regions and I expect a spike here, perhaps a spike in Japan, and an all out system seller in EU.

I doubt Sony can convince Americans. My logic goes like this right now. The GT numbers have declined at a shocking rate in America. It never was that great in Japan, so all that is left is Europe for the large bulk of sales. Secondly Forza 3 didn't sell too well in America...and Europeans still carried that game to its current sales. I think I would take my logic on Europeans like car games more than Americans these days. In the 90 and early 2000's i'd say you were right to not give up hope, but now? Nope. LOL

S.T.A.G.E. said:
huaxiong90 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
WarmachineX said:

Yeah, I was a little surprised at the massive drop from GT3 to GT4 for US sales. I guess they're going really mainstream now (as evident by sales of Halo, COD, Gears of War, God of War, etc.).

Sony really need to advertise this game in the US. The UK wouldn't be much of a problem, since not only is that GT's strongest territory, but GT also a Top Gear track, which is also very popular.

Only time will tell, I guess.

On a seperate note: Do you know when the Spike VGA airs? I want to see those 10 games listed, and I also really want to see Halo: Reach's demo.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
huaxiong90 said:
WarmachineX said:

Well, sales figures show on the 360 and PS3 that if GT5 was on the 360 as well, it would kill MW2 and so would Halo Reach if it was on the PS3 as well.

That could very well be true (although a little debatable), but that's all theories at this point. I'm just being practical,  as unfair an advantage as MW has.

huaxiong90 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
huaxiong90 said:
WarmachineX said:

That could very well be true (although a little debatable), but that's all theories at this point. I'm just being practical,  as unfair an advantage as MW has.

You have a point. GT5 and Halo Reach are the guilty pleasures of Fanboys of opposite systems though. LOL A lot of PS3 FPS fans want Halo and a lot of European 360 owners want GT5.

huaxiong90 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
huaxiong90 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
WarmachineX said:

Yeah, I was a little surprised at the massive drop from GT3 to GT4 for US sales. I guess they're going really mainstream now (as evident by sales of Halo, COD, Gears of War, God of War, etc.).

Sony really need to advertise this game in the US. The UK wouldn't be much of a problem, since not only is that GT's strongest territory, but GT also a Top Gear track, which is also very popular.

Only time will tell, I guess.

On a seperate note: Do you know when the Spike VGA airs? I want to see those 10 games listed, and I also really want to see Halo: Reach's demo.

It comes on Saturday, but you should check Spike.com for your Timezone.