By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Greenburg makes some bold comments about Reach, PS3, GT5, etc.

I'm wondering, how many MW2 Elite bundles were sold? Is that info. available? I'm thinking that a Halo Reach themed 250 gb Elite bundle might sell well. Maybe a new styled headset and a couple of Reach themed controllers along with the game. At least this is what I'm hoping for.
As far as the PR speak let's face it, your boy was being a dick with the GT5 comments. But I like what one of the posters in this thread said about reevaluating the importance.... that was perfect.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:

BOLD words indeed. Regardless, although Microsoft is poised for a huge 2010, Sony is poised for one just as big IMO. So far, they have a line-up that can go toe-to-toe with Microsoft's, a competitive price, and a new branding for their console with a wicked marketing campaign.

I understand he has a company to help run/support, but as usual with any PR talk from any company, this is quite bold. As a gamer with all three current consoles, PR talk phases me none though, I'll be getting all the goods tnese companies have to offer.

Things will be getting interesting very soon, nonetheless.

Yeah, these PR blurbs do seem to become useless when you have all the consoles, don't they?  Good for MS--they are confident in their product and are going to keep rolling software out.  Great.  I play my 360 a lot and I couldn't be happier.  But PS3's lineup for 2010 is nothing to sneeze at.  Games that have been getting delayed over and over again are actually coming out now, and they are heavy hitters too.  MS is going to have to be proactive to stay in the lead.  I honestly think God of War 3 and Gran Turismo 5 are going to be system sellers in the same way that MGS4 was, as they are both essentially the first in those series to be on the PS3.

XxXProphecyXxX said:
richardhutnik said:
Diablerie said:

It's funny how every time NPD comes out, USA becomes the world and the rest of it is forgotten. 

The PS3 has a great advantage and I don't see it slowing down for quite some time.  It will be ahead for the rest of the holidays and it has MAG, GOWIII and GT5.   I'm sure MS is worried, but they won't show it to the public.

From here on out it's a gun fight, and Sony is going to let Microsoft know that they need to stop bringing a knife.

So why is a title like MAG, which is a FPS, supposed to be a big title next year?  Last PS3 exclusive FPS I saw that was supposed to be a game changer and make a difference was Killzone 2.  Well, it didn't make a difference.  Do you think that MAG is going to cause the world of console FPS games to tip in the favor of Sony?  What happens if Halo Reach supports up to 500 players in a single battle online at the same time?  I think MAG becomes irrelevant at that point.

I see Gran Turismo 5 being important, but God of War 3?  As good as it is, why is it going to end up being a huge differentiator?  If Bayonetta ends up being all that, then God of War 3 is offset.  

God of war is off set? bet please!!!! ohh plz!!!

I am speaking in reference to a game being a "game changer" and causing people who don't own a PS3 to buy one.  Bayonetta is in the same category as God of War.  I am not going to say that God of War 3 won't sell well on the PS3, but that it being a reason alone why someone buys a PS3, is likely overblown, particularly of Bayonetta is the top game in the category both games are in.

Adjudicator said:
Is Halo Reach really going to sell that many 360's. I would have thought all interested in that game would have one already seeing as how they probably bought Halo 3 and ODST

At this point, considering the size of libraries for all systems, and how they cover different niches, will any title be that much of a changer in how consoles sell?  I am hard pressed to think of any.  Maybe Gran Turismo 5 wiil, but anything else?  Now, I believe it comes down to price point and hardware features and established libraries.  I am not saying games can't sell well now, just that for them to move consoles, isn't that likely.

huaxiong90 said:
slowmo said:
huaxiong90 said:
slowmo said:
huaxiong90 said:
marc said:
What did you guys expect a MS pr guy to say?

As for GT, it will not sell as well as many might think for 2 reasons:

- Forza has provided competition. Forza is more a simulator and GT is more arcade style racing. Two distinct game styles that did not exist until late last generation. Now that there is a choice, some people will pick Forza and other GT but the point is that there are now choices. Note that GT4 sold 5mil less than GT3 while Forza 1 sold 4 mil. Interesting correlation.

- There are not nearly as many PS3 sold as PS2's.

I think it will sell well, and it will probably outsell Forza but I doubt it will hit the levels it had previously.

Incorrect.

I'm gonna just wait on GT5. If that game breaks 10 million next year, so much crow is going to be served.

I think you may have said something in error, there is no way GT5 will do 10 million next year.  LTD wise it can maybe pass that total but not inside 9 months, its just not front loaded enough for that IMO.  In all honesty I've read a lot of Forza threads and not many balanced posters are saying it will outsell GT5 so I don't think there is much crow to be served at all anyway.

Sorry, I didn't mean to come off as a jerk when saying that. But apart from the large UK fanbase GT has, one thing that carried GT was legs, and with a top gear test track, it's going to get strong publicity. Not only that, but in America, GT bundles were quite big as another poster said. I do think it has a chance at crossing the 10 million mark in maybe an even shorter period of time.

Hell, according to PD's website, GT5: Prologue is over 4 million units in software sales. If GT5:P can do that, I see no reason why GT5 shouldn't post much higher numbers, especially when you look at GT4:P sales compared to GT4.

We'll see either way. It's going to be bad for Sony if this series lost its steam. But I've faith in Yamauchi.

I think GT5 can do 10 million LTD, just not in the first year as traditionally racers aren't front loaded no matter how great they are.  It will certainly outsell any other game on the system imo such is the strength of the brand.

You could be right. Only time will tell, I suppose.

Not to mention they just said that GT5 won't be releasing till Summer 2010, so 10 million in 5-6 months does not seem likely.  Maybe after a year or 2.

Around the Network
nightsurge said:
huaxiong90 said:
slowmo said:
huaxiong90 said:
slowmo said:
huaxiong90 said:
marc said:
What did you guys expect a MS pr guy to say?

As for GT, it will not sell as well as many might think for 2 reasons:

- Forza has provided competition. Forza is more a simulator and GT is more arcade style racing. Two distinct game styles that did not exist until late last generation. Now that there is a choice, some people will pick Forza and other GT but the point is that there are now choices. Note that GT4 sold 5mil less than GT3 while Forza 1 sold 4 mil. Interesting correlation.

- There are not nearly as many PS3 sold as PS2's.

I think it will sell well, and it will probably outsell Forza but I doubt it will hit the levels it had previously.

Incorrect.

I'm gonna just wait on GT5. If that game breaks 10 million next year, so much crow is going to be served.

I think you may have said something in error, there is no way GT5 will do 10 million next year.  LTD wise it can maybe pass that total but not inside 9 months, its just not front loaded enough for that IMO.  In all honesty I've read a lot of Forza threads and not many balanced posters are saying it will outsell GT5 so I don't think there is much crow to be served at all anyway.

Sorry, I didn't mean to come off as a jerk when saying that. But apart from the large UK fanbase GT has, one thing that carried GT was legs, and with a top gear test track, it's going to get strong publicity. Not only that, but in America, GT bundles were quite big as another poster said. I do think it has a chance at crossing the 10 million mark in maybe an even shorter period of time.

Hell, according to PD's website, GT5: Prologue is over 4 million units in software sales. If GT5:P can do that, I see no reason why GT5 shouldn't post much higher numbers, especially when you look at GT4:P sales compared to GT4.

We'll see either way. It's going to be bad for Sony if this series lost its steam. But I've faith in Yamauchi.

I think GT5 can do 10 million LTD, just not in the first year as traditionally racers aren't front loaded no matter how great they are.  It will certainly outsell any other game on the system imo such is the strength of the brand.

You could be right. Only time will tell, I suppose.

Not to mention they just said that GT5 won't be releasing till Summer 2010, so 10 million in 5-6 months does not seem likely.  Maybe after a year or 2.

Hmm...yeah. Now that I think about it, it took Halo 3 quite a while as well to cross the 10 million mark.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!