By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Greenburg makes some bold comments about Reach, PS3, GT5, etc.

heruamon said:
So...if Halo Reach does turn out to be the biggest title next year...is Greenburg a genius?

No, he simply stated the obvious, everyone knows how hyped Halo games are.

But the way he disses a game such as GT5, makes him look like a dick, still.

Personally, I don't think Halo Reach will be a big system seller. Same "Halo fans already have a 360" card, it worked for me with ODST... unless I missed something...

That's right, just one "d"

In b4 "it's addict"
-----------------------------------------------
Add me:

Around the Network
Feylic said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Lodder said:
WarmachineX said:
GT5 is not a system seller, Halo: Reach is. Halo destroys all competition.

HALO:Reach isn't a system seller. If anyone was going to buy an Xbox360 for a HALO game, they would have already done so for HALO 3. If someone wants a 360 so much for HALO, surely 3 was the game?

Any main franchise Halo is a system seller. The side games aren't system sellers like the RTS 'Halo Wars' and 'ODST'. Reach is a main franchise game and will up the graphics and revamp the engine. The unveiling of Halo Reach is going to get the west pumped up like crazy for the game. There will be large 360 boosted numbers in december 2010.

You really think theres gonna be a large boost? Surely some people will buy a 360 for a new exclusive, but won't most halo fans have already gotten a 360 for halo 3, halo wars, or ODST? It's not gonna be that big system wise.

The west hasn't even scratched the surface for console sales (including America). The economy has everyone by the balls. If the 360 drops price next year and Halo Reach comes out....I'm sorry but.....Balls 2 the wall sales for Reach during Christmas.

NSS7 said:
Halo Reach will be huge but i dont think it will move lot of X360. And FFXIII will be biggest HD game next year not GT5 or Halo Reach. Right Darth ?

JRPG fanatics and their fantasies of JRPG grandure. Bless you all. Your dreams are just dreams though. FFXIII will not be the biggest HD game next year. The game show and sites are barely talking about it compared to games like GT5, Mass Effect 2, God of War 3, Bioshock 2 and more. Final Fantasy will revive Japan's struggling gaming industry and revive fan support in Sony products (even though it's not exclusive) it doesn't matter because Japan only cares about one system thats HD.

I don't care for GT5 but Europe will be all over it.

Halo Reach very well could sell more in the US next year but world wide I doubt. Must say I'm not that surprised with the 360 taking the US last month. I wonder which will take it this month.

Around the Network
gamesadict said:
heruamon said:
So...if Halo Reach does turn out to be the biggest title next year...is Greenburg a genius?

No, he simply stated the obvious, everyone knows how hyped Halo games are.

But the way he disses a game such as GT5, makes him look like a dick, still.

Personally, I don't think Halo Reach will be a big system seller. Same "Halo fans already have a 360" card, it worked for me with ODST... unless I missed something...

That was a low blow at GT5...he could have simply said..."I am sure GT5, when released is going to do fine..."  Guess he's still smarting from those BF press releases from Nintendo and Sony.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

S.T.A.G.E. said:
NSS7 said:
Halo Reach will be huge but i dont think it will move lot of X360. And FFXIII will be biggest HD game next year not GT5 or Halo Reach. Right Darth ?

JRPG fanatics and their fantasies of JRPG grandure. Bless you all. Your dreams are just dreams though. FFXIII will not be the biggest HD game next year. The game show and sites are barely talking about it compared to games like GT5, Mass Effect 2, God of War 3, Bioshock 2 and more. Final Fantasy will revive Japan's struggling gaming industry and revive fan support in Sony products (even though it's not exclusive) it doesn't matter because Japan only cares about one system thats HD.

I hope he's just joking around with darth...

If he really believes that though...I'm at a loss for words....

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Halo Reach will outsell modern warfare 2, I say 5.5 million first three days.

GT5 should have not been dissed considering forza 3 needs more work.

Yes halo reach will move systems................. And so will Natal.

If we talk about worldwide sales or US sales then Halo:Reach is going to sell more than GT5. But in europe and Japan, GT5 is going to easily sell more. Halo is mostly huge in USA and UK, in rest of the world it is much smaller. Around 75% of the Halo 3 sales came from NA. Heck, officially Halo 3 has sold at least 1 million in UK so over 80% of the sales came from USA/UK alone.

Halo:Reach is sequel of Halo 3 so it will be much smaller system seller as many believe. It will sell a lot of consoles but less than Halo 3. Sequels on same console are never as big console sellers than the prequel because almost all buyers of the game already have console. Granted, many GT5 fans have bought PS3 for GT5:Prologue (although GT5:Prologue is not full game). Natal is probably going to be much bigger console mover than Halo:Reach.

But for Sony and MS game sales are much more important than just console sales. Both still sell consoles with loss or with very small profit (360 Elite might be profitable but I doubt even that). Profits come from game sales and 360 Live. In that way, 360 is probably the winner next year. Of course, console sales affect game sales but 360 has already big install base.

I also doubt MS is going to drop price more than $50 (or 50€) if any at all. Heck, in UK they had INCREASED price of the 360 arcade this year. I don't think MS is interested in price cuts because sales are quite good even without price cuts.

HAHAHA... he said that PS3 had a "slight" increase and that the marketshare is already stabalizing.... Has he not been keeping up with sales data LoL?... PS3 is catching up quickly. I would consider that more than a "slight" increase. Dont be a sore loser Greenburg.