By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why is Dragon Age selling so little on consoles?

Yes, it is PC-focused, but it's still far better than Mass Effect on consoles, and probably the best single-player RPG since Baldur's Gate 2.

It is going to sell over 4 millions on PC for sure.

Around the Network

It's selling all right, it's not horrible. I am sure it will hit a at least a million on each console in the next 18 months.

PSN ID: KingFate_

It should sell 1m on PS3 and 1.5 on X360 so it's pretty good.

cause people dont want to buy an inferior version. Thats what i thought. I was like why would i pay $60 for a version of the game that is notciably worse than the PC version? By noticable i mean enough to be rated .5 - 1 whole point lower depending on the console

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Well...

Do we have sales figures for the PC version?

It might not be selling extremely well on all 3 platforms.

Around the Network

It's a hardcore not heavily hyped WRPG that's best on PC...it's not that surprising.

It didn't sell 10 million but I think it's selling pretty well. I think it'll have solid legs too.

edit: also, if you haven't bought the game, buy it now!

Its selling well considering its really meant to be played on PC

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

shio,

Dragon Age is not a 360 or PS3 console exclusive
so he got a LOT less hype compared to let's say ME or Bioshock at there time

Remember the hype surrounding Bioshock ?

where is the Bioshock 2 hype ? nowhere near bioshock 1 hype (that was released just before Halo 3 !!!)...

At the opposite, ME2 hype is still here since it is still a console exclusive ...

that is all ...

Time to Work !

I've been meaning to get Dragon Age for some time now. I will probably get the pc version.