By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why is Dragon Age selling so little on consoles?

It's doing solid business on the 360, but I thought it would top 400K in week 1, and maybe even 500K. Sure, it's a new IP, but Bioware has all winners on the Xbox platform, and I thought with Mass Effect, mroe would partake. I'm a bit surprised by to be honest...it's going to see how much better ME2 does as compared.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network
Gamerace said:
I was going to get the 360 version until I found out your stuck with an over-the-shoulder view during combat. That's totally unacceptable to me for a game of this type were you need the isometric view for tactical reasons. I'll get it on PC.... when I get a new PC that'll run it.

This sums up my position on this game exactly.

If you don't have a PC then don't get this game. You really are fooling yourself if you think this is an acceptable effort by Bioware. They knew that the game could suck on the consoles and fans of the genre would still hail it as great. I am a huge fan of RPGs and High Fanatsy, but I am not so blinded by the things I love to embrace such a poor game.

I'm looking forward to playing it on the 360.  I told my wife to pick it up for me as a Christmas gift. If she doesn't buy it, I'll get it afterwards.

cande4me said:
If you don't have a PC then don't get this game. You really are fooling yourself if you think this is an acceptable effort by Bioware. They knew that the game could suck on the consoles and fans of the genre would still hail it as great. I am a huge fan of RPGs and High Fanatsy, but I am not so blinded by the things I love to embrace such a poor game.

I have both PC/360 version...errr...I beg to differ.  It is an excellent game.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network

Its doing great on consoles considering its genre.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

I plan on buying it on the PC. Mods and superior graphics for the win. I did the same with Mass Effect along with Fallout 3. Though for some reason I'd rather have my Oblivion on the consoles (?)

It's just that simple.