By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why is Dragon Age selling so little on consoles?

shio said:
disolitude said:
Game is selling good for what it is. Console gamers preffer "plug and play" gaming. These grinding RPGs do not appeal to a lot of people that casually play Madden or COD on a weekly basis hence why they bought a console and not a complicated gaming PC.

Dragon Age is not a grinding RPG at all. It has no grinding whatsoever, just like Baldur's Gate 2. I understand that many console gamers prefer a simple RPG, but Dragon Age is not complicated to play at all.

Infact, it's more user-friendly to play than BG2 because you can easily pre-define what every character does automatically, so you don't even need to play the combat yourself. You can just left them do their thing on their own, although it's harder to win this way.

I dont know...I believe you but I'm still intimidated by it and its length. :)

And if i dont want to touch it, imagine how someone who only plays NHL 2009, COD MW and madden 2010 feels. I know lots of people like that.

Around the Network

Because the PC version is the best one and someone fix the thread!!!!

1337 Gamer said:
cause people dont want to buy an inferior version. Thats what i thought. I was like why would i pay $60 for a version of the game that is notciably worse than the PC version? By noticable i mean enough to be rated .5 - 1 whole point lower depending on the console

You don't have a gaming rig that can run it properly?  In that case, you buy the console version.  If you are into doing mods and creating levels, then Dragon's Age is definitely preferable on the PC, however.

A bit of a sad part here is that, due to there not being solid sales numbers for PC games released to the public, you have people like shio pulling numbers out of the middle of nowhere to justify their biases.  In shio's world about EVERY SINGLE version of a game for the PC is supposed to outsell its counterpart on consoles by a wide margin, because he needs it to be such.  It reminds me of trying to deal with the chess community, and they pull out of the middle of nowhere the number of players they believe to be playing chess worldwide.  The number somehow always ends up being more than any other abstract strategy game on the planet.  It has to be, because they need to feel their game is the most played game and "king".

disolitude said:
shio said:
disolitude said:
Game is selling good for what it is. Console gamers preffer "plug and play" gaming. These grinding RPGs do not appeal to a lot of people that casually play Madden or COD on a weekly basis hence why they bought a console and not a complicated gaming PC.

Dragon Age is not a grinding RPG at all. It has no grinding whatsoever, just like Baldur's Gate 2. I understand that many console gamers prefer a simple RPG, but Dragon Age is not complicated to play at all.

Infact, it's more user-friendly to play than BG2 because you can easily pre-define what every character does automatically, so you don't even need to play the combat yourself. You can just left them do their thing on their own, although it's harder to win this way.

And if i dont want to touch it, imagine how someone who only plays NHL 2009, COD MW and madden 2010 feels. I know lots of people like that.

It's fairly well paced.  I can understand that... I usually feel that way when people mention games with hundreds of hours. For me Dragon Age flew by... but then again I'm a huge fantasy RPG fan.

silicon said:
disolitude said:
shio said:
disolitude said:

It's fairly well paced.  I can understand that... I usually feel that way when people mention games with hundreds of hours. For me Dragon Age flew by... but then again I'm a huge fantasy RPG fan.

Hows the combat? Menu driven or action-ish?

Around the Network

I definately will get Dragon Age on 360 , cant wait to play another bioware game especially since the game have been compared to my favourite series of all time Baldurs Gate (is it anywhere need as good?)

im waiting for my paycheck and kind of low right now im going to get it at new years eve.
im sure alot of people are too

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

4 weeks and 970,000 units sold between PS360. Seems pretty good to me haha. PC version is probably selling pretty decent as well but I think 4 million is a little to hopeful. But considering I know your posting history, can't say I'm surprised. I think EA though is quite content with salesl of the 3 versions.

disolitude said:
silicon said:
disolitude said:
shio said:
disolitude said:

Hows the combat? Menu driven or action-ish?

I played on normal, my first character was a 2-handed weapon warrior and I played the PS3 version.

For the most part you can just run around and hack people. In some fights you'll have to do at least a  little micro management of your party. In some cases you'll have to do a ton. Depending on how you set up tactics you might not even need to micro manage that much.

There's a ton of CC to use and for the most part you'll need to make sure the right cc is placed on the right groups. Kill the mages. Use tanks to either control the heavy hitters or get people off your mages. Heal people. Dispell. etc.

On my first play through I didn't use rogues either. But rogues generally add traps, gernades, and poisons to the mix.

Just talking about it makes me want to play it again.

@silicon

Sounds not too bad actually. Yeah, ill keep the game in mind if i have a dry spell of gmaing in the near future... I have 4 weeks till Bayonetta and this may fill the void nicely.