By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - EA leaks name of PS3 wand - "Gem"

I was all set to make a Jem joke post a Youtube vid and a gif but I was beaten to the punch. Damn you all and your awesome sense of humors heh.

Around the Network
Cypher1980 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMKT0gGEBJQ&feature=related

Sorry couldnt resist

i lol'd

I really doubt that Sony motion wand will have any impact, Wii have captured the casual market, Ps3 and MS can try to get some share but its going to be marginal compared to nintendo

TomaTito said:
badgenome said:
I think it's actually "Jem", and they'll combine it with their 3D plans to make Jem & The Holograms. Wocka wocka wocka!
Cypher1980 said:

Sorry couldnt resist

Just what I was thinking :)

g'dammit, I was gonna post that!

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Gem, Wand, whatever , as long as the device is bad to the bone im happy

Around the Network

I though it was Sphere

I doubt gem is going to be what it's called. The Playstation Gem? Doesn't make sense. Also I didn't think Natal was going to be the final name for MS's product either.

Huh....

Gem probably only means the last bit of the wand end right?
As we've seen from the patent pictures, the "gem" is detachable.

I wonder if there will be any games that only use the gem..

GEM like in Gaming Evolved Motioncontroller ?

thekitchensink said:
TomaTito said:
badgenome said:
I think it's actually "Jem", and they'll combine it with their 3D plans to make Jem & The Holograms. Wocka wocka wocka!
Cypher1980 said:

Sorry couldnt resist

Just what I was thinking :)

g'dammit, I was gonna post that!

I was too, so great minds really do think alike!

I don't really like Gem, I'm sure they can come up with a better name than that.  But I'll go with whatever they choose.