By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - was home a bad idea

Ajescent said:
People seem to forget it's a brand new venture for consoles, a Sony console for that matter, I have no idea why everyone expected it to be the best thing since sliced bread. It's basically a glorified chatroom to make psn friends and talk about games so why oh why oh why do people expect it to be the best thing ever? I really don't get it.

Probably because Sony hyped it as such.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

Around the Network

Please, everyone hypes everything. People should have realised from the get go that it was smoke and mirrors PINCH OF SALT PEOPLE, THEY WERE INVENTED FOR A REASON!
Did people expect them to say it was gonna suck balls? Jeez...

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

It would be very interesting to know some numbers. How much would a company like EA pay for their homeroom?

CGI-Quality said:
Ajescent said:
People are quick to snark at those who say Home makes money, can anyone prove it doesn't? I dunno if it does, but I'm pretty sure no one else knows if it doesn't, so don't jump the gun.

Long story short, if you don't like it, don't use it.

Why this simple train of logic is ignored I will never understand.

Some people might argue that the resouces they put into this could have been better spent improving other apects of their online system, which seems like a reasonable discussion.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

I would think that HOME would give a better return on the console maker's $$$ than natal will do for MS, which is another project that has been overhyped, way beyond what sony did with HOme i might add.

Around the Network
Kantor said:
How much could Home POSSIBLY have cost to develop? It's a few thousand square feet of fancy scenery, and really not very much else, except the occasional game/movie.

When you consider that an average HD game costs $5 million, could Home have cost anywhere NEAR that?

No not at all... especially since the way ive always understood it is the developers (like EA) are responsible for their own space.

CGI-Quality said:
supercat said:
I would think that HOME would give a better return on the console maker's $$$ than natal will do for MS, which is another project that has been overhyped, way beyond what sony did with HOme i might add.

Let's try to remember something though, Microsoft SHOULD be hyping Natal, as Sony did with Home. These are new interfaces and experiences seeking out the masses. Why shouldn't they be hyped and publicized as much as possible?

It isn't the hype that hurts these things, but whether or not the content lives up to that hype. IMO, Home is coming into it's own and Natal will be a decent investment for Microsoft, though I'm not sure it will become a phenomenon quite like the Wii & Wii-mote.

To me, it's worth an standing ovation, all of it. These folks are trying to innovate with these devices/services.

Really?  I would be surprised if the Natal project even made a profit, ever.  Keep in mind that MS wont just have to make Natal cameras, it has had to money hat to developers as well.  It will advertise heaviily and spend a load of cash to keep the PR going.

And for what?  For casual games?  There isnt that much of a reward for MS, as there has never been an add-on that has had mass market approval, and MS's target market doesnt really do casuals anyway so the number of 360 customers that will actually want to spen $60 for a camera and then another $60 for a game won't be that much.  I'm just saying that a year after Natal comes out, that we won't be hearing much from it as MS will be more realistic at that point and hopefully putting $$$ towards something that actually can give a good return, like the 720 console.

Home is a good revenue source for Sony and the companies that come on board. So techinically no, but I've been with the service for over a year and a half. I've earned the right to say that this is a broken system. It needs some major overhauls and fast.

I dont like home that mutch but thats because it isnt my style to begin with .

But the concept behind it is good so just give it some time and it might blow your mind !

All virtual worlds = fail

second life = fail

Lively - = fail

Home = ???????

''Halo reach''.. sell 7.m first week ,Believe¡¡¡¡¡¡