By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gran Turismo 5: Prologue vs. Forza Motorsport 3

That would be funny if Prologue outsold Forza 3 LTD.

Around the Network
jarrod said:
dolemit3 said:
Shouldn't we compare GT5: Prologue to Forza 2, since both were released at about the same time? Both are over 4 million units sold.

Both were also the first series installments on their platforms this gen and both were also (heavily) driven by bundles.  Unless it gets a similar hardware bundle next fall, I doubt Forza 3 will match either tbh...

In a way you're right, both GT5P and Forza 2 were bundled heavily. The difference, though, is that those FORCED GT5P bundles were only sold in Japan with a total amount of like 300.000 bundled copies, while the FORCED Forza 2 bundle was in the US(i'm not sure about Europe), and accounted for like 1.5 million bundled copies. Anyway, it's not that important, specially cause this thread is better off to be locked anyway.

edjevink said:
jarrod said:
dolemit3 said:
Shouldn't we compare GT5: Prologue to Forza 2, since both were released at about the same time? Both are over 4 million units sold.

Both were also the first series installments on their platforms this gen and both were also (heavily) driven by bundles.  Unless it gets a similar hardware bundle next fall, I doubt Forza 3 will match either tbh...

In a way you're right, both GT5P and Forza 2 were bundled heavily. The difference, though, is that those FORCED GT5P bundles were only sold in Japan with a total amount of like 300.000 bundled copies, while the FORCED Forza 2 bundle was in the US(i'm not sure about Europe), and accounted for like 1.5 million bundled copies. Anyway, it's not that important, specially cause this thread is better off to be locked anyway.

Prologue was bundled in Europe too, which is why its sales are so strong in Others:

kotaku

EDIT: There was some Prologue bundling in the US too:

source

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

o dear lol

Since I do not work for either Sony or MS, I don't care which title sells more... I, as a player, enjoy them both the same.

Around the Network

Oh, what a suprise your name! Who could have guess!

Now let's compare Halo ODST with Killzone 2, shall we?

Forza 2 is actually at under 4 Million sold.

3.5 Million to be precise. According to Turn 10, anyway.

The prologue for Gran Turismo 5 has outsold Forza 1, Forza 2 AND Forza 3.

Proof - http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=91316

andremop said:

Oh, what a suprise your name! Who could have guess!

Now let's compare Halo ODST with Killzone 2, shall we?

Halo ODST - 2.2 million on week 1

Killzoe 2 - 2.2 million after 16 months