By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gran Turismo 5: Prologue vs. Forza Motorsport 3

Gran Turismo 5: Prologue   (Official numbers)

• North America: 910.000 • Europe: 2.440.000• Asia: 100.000• Japan: 710.000

Worldwide: 4.170.000

Quelle: http://www.polyphony.co.jp/english/list.html

Gran Turismo 5: Prologue

Sales History (www.vgchartz.com)  

Total Sales
0.57m
Japan
1.95m
Others
3.32m
Total

Forza Motorsport 3

Sales History(www.vgchartz.com)

Total Sales
0.04m
Japan
0.76m
Others
1.50m
Total

Microsoft’s internal development studio, Turn 10, has said that its Xbox 360-exclusive racing game Forza Motorsport 3

sold one million copies in its first month of release.

Around the Network

and the point is...?

ok, so what are we comparing here? First month to LTD? Did you have a question for this thread? Perhaps whether or not Forza 3 will eventually sell more than GT5: prologue?

I'm assuming that is what you meant to ask in the op and just didn't get around to it, so that is what I will address. Personally, I think they will be close. Depends on whether or not microsoft bundles forza 3. I think they eventually will, probably next holiday season, so I will say yes, eventually it will pass up GT5: prologue.

GT 5:P has passed 4 million with DD sales.

welcome to the site.

VGC members don't quiet like these type of articles.You will understand it as time passes by.

Around the Network

Your making a bad image for your first post bro....

ppl dont like seeing stuff like this and threads like this dont last long as it mostly causes flame wars and get lock so if I were you post sumthing different.

Ohh btw incase your wondering...... the ppl who hate this stuff are same ppl who were so happy comparing *cough halo odst to KZ2 cough* =)

While I think the thread will go downhill fast it does at least make a change providing facts for a debate between the two rather than opinions. I came in here expecting to report the OP, instead if handled in a civil manner it will be interesting to watch how LTD sales for FM3 develop in comparison to the most reknowned simulator franchise going (even if it was a demo/preview and not a full entry).

Shouldn't we compare GT5: Prologue to Forza 2, since both were released at about the same time? Both are over 4 million units sold.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

point of the thread ?

Time to Work !

dolemit3 said:
Shouldn't we compare GT5: Prologue to Forza 2, since both were released at about the same time? Both are over 4 million units sold.

Both were also the first series installments on their platforms this gen and both were also (heavily) driven by bundles.  Unless it gets a similar hardware bundle next fall, I doubt Forza 3 will match either tbh...