By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NSMB Wii sells 936,734 units first week (Famitsu)

kamil said:
koffieboon said:
Doesn't this mean it actually outsold NSMB on DS for the first week? Very nice hold up from first day sales.

Famitsu has NSBM DS at 865 024 for first week. So Wii version outsold it by around 60k.

Now lets see how long it can stay ahead....

Around the Network

And people were saying that first day sales were uninmpressive...

It doesn't impress me, wii has bihger userbase than ds had whem NSMBds appeared and we're in holiday time

buzzard said:
And people were saying that first day sales were uninmpressive...

Exactly...some people will eat crows this time. 700k? 800k? No, over 900k! I hope it will have legs, NSMB has shown that legs are more important than opening sometimes.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

ZorroX (aka Crazzyman) got owned again.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
NJ5 said:

Dare I ask?

Khuutra said:
NJ5 said:

Dare I ask?

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=94240&page=1

I don't think his posts are still there due to the permaban, but you can see it being quoted sometimes.

Basically he said first day sales would definitely not be less than 2/3 first week sales, and no way it would sell close to a million.

Turns out they were 44% of first week sales.

Great!

NSMBWii will pass 3 million with this last week's sales just going by Japan numbers, which means it'll surely go past 3,5 million worldwide. Which means that the next week, it'll pass 4 million with ease.

Fantastic.

@Khuutra, he was trolling a first day sales-thread like hell, saying 420k(I think it was?) was a big disappointment for first day sales, and when everyone said that NSMBDS had similar first day numbers he went mental about it being impossible for NSMBWii to get as good of a first week, and was 100% certain that it would not crack 900k first week.

He subsequently got banned.

morenoingrato said:
It doesn't impress me, wii has bihger userbase than ds had whem NSMBds appeared and we're in holiday time

Userbase of DS was almost exactly same when NSMB DS appeared as Wii userbase in now (8.2 million DS vs 8.8 million Wii week before game release).

koffieboon said:
kamil said:
koffieboon said:
Doesn't this mean it actually outsold NSMB on DS for the first week? Very nice hold up from first day sales.

Famitsu has NSBM DS at 865 024 for first week. So Wii version outsold it by around 60k.

Now lets see how long it can stay ahead....

Considering NSMB DS has sold almost as much as the size of the Wii userbase it can't stay ahead for that long. Unless it's an unprecedently huge system seller...