By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NSMB Wii sells 936,734 units first week (Famitsu)

What I'm trying to say since this game is coming on holidays it will be frontloaded and will have relatively "small" legs unlike the ds one that had brutal legs even for not being in holidays

Around the Network

Nah, I don't think so, this is an evergreen title, it should and I believe will have long legs for quite a while, way after the  holidays.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

ff13 will have a better 1st week than nsmbwii

morenoingrato said:
What I'm trying to say since this game is coming on holidays it will be frontloaded and will have relatively "small" legs unlike the ds one that had brutal legs even for not being in holidays

Why does release date affect potential legs? This statement is essentially saying that if the DS title had launched in December it would have sold less the way I read it.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Amazing openning for New Super Mario Bros, its good to see Japanese Wii owners finally buying good games on their systems. Hopefuly DW will also have decent openings and then Tales of Graces

Around the Network

I'll admit, with the Wii's recent performance I was a little worried the game might fall slightly behind expectations (just under 800k), even with first day sales.

I'm amazed it outsold NSMB DS' first week. I really hope Tales of Graces and FFXIII can follow this up, I want to see those console games movin'!

@Gnizmo: I think he's saying if the title launched in say, July, it would have seen a smaller first week (hence, less "frontloaded"). If we expanded the time frame to first month he'd be right, though I'm not sure about first week.

Excellent first week for NSMBWii. It is hard to imagine how anyone could be disappointed with that opening, when it is the Wii's biggest first week yet.

ioi said:
@c0rd and others - I'm not sure why people assume this.

Had the title been launched in July I'd have expected a larger week one, not smaller - holiday periods are less front-loaded than non-holiday periods.

Ioi, what's the logic behind that? (I 100% trust what you are saying, just don't understand the phenomena itself)

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

nice number!! could be higher though.... oh well at least it defeated brawl.

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Wow, I hadn't expect it to break 900k! This is incredible!