By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NSMB Wii sells 936,734 units first week (Famitsu)

bmmb1 said:
ioi said:
@c0rd and others - I'm not sure why people assume this.

Had the title been launched in July I'd have expected a larger week one, not smaller - holiday periods are less front-loaded than non-holiday periods.

Ioi, what's the logic behind that? (I 100% trust what you are saying, just don't understand the phenomena itself)

Most likely, people holding off on buying games in hopes that they'll be getting them for christmas instead. That's what I'm doing with Assassin's Creed II.

Around the Network
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
bmmb1 said:
ioi said:
@c0rd and others - I'm not sure why people assume this.

Had the title been launched in July I'd have expected a larger week one, not smaller - holiday periods are less front-loaded than non-holiday periods.

Ioi, what's the logic behind that? (I 100% trust what you are saying, just don't understand the phenomena itself)

Most likely, people holding off on buying games in hopes that they'll be getting them for christmas instead. That's what I'm doing with Assassin's Creed II.

Also maybe that there are usually more games to choose from?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

no surprise with those sales!!!!!!

Wow! It breaks the DS record with NSMB. I think lifetime sales of 30 mio confirmed :)

3.2 mil, not more
and ww 14mil

Around the Network

Phenominal sales! Mario FTW! Considering the legs that Wii games have, I will be surprised if this game doesn't see a low end of 5 million. I sure hope to be one of the folks playing this game come christmas day; that's right.. it's on the list!

Incredible multiplier from the first day. I was expecting no more than 800k, so the tasty crow is on me this time.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

morenoingrato said:
3.2 mil, not more
and ww 14mil

It'll be higher than that by the end of 2010. I mean, Mario Kart Wii did 13mil by the end of 2008...

^^^ 16?

So the remaining question is how big of a hardware boost did it provide?

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger