By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - inFamous vs Prototype all over again ! This time its God of War III vs rest

EDIT : READ THE GOD DAMN OP BEFORE COMMENTING ! THIS IS NOT A COMPARISION THREAD

Remeber when inFamous was about to launch along with Prototype few weeks later ?

Extremely similiar games.

360 fans claimed Prototype was better and infamous sucks in comparision. In reality, PS3 owners got to play both games and realized that this is not true, just as proved by the reviews.

This leads me to believe that 360 fans created a state of denial within themselves to be happy with the mediocore game they got in comparision to the awesomeness of infamous.

As they couldn't play it, they claimed that it sucks just to make themselves happy.

The same thing has happened with God of War III. Sequel to two of the best games EVER made !

Suddenly, Dante's Inferno is better than God of War III because of the denial I mentioned above.

Bayonetta is different though... Comparing Bayonetta, DMC and Ninja Gaiden to God of War is like comparing WRPG and JRPG.

imo, God of War is more fun to me.

But the case with Dante's Inferno is pathetic. If Xbox 360 fans really want God of War, don't settle with Dante's Inferno (which is a shameless rip-off of God of War ) If you really want God of War experience, do yourself a favour by buying a PS3 since its more affordable than ever now.

Around the Network

I guess we'll just have to wait for both games to release again

I think Dante's inferno will be much better than GoW3 (i don't like the timeset etc)

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Oui, je suis... ah forget it.

Yes, that is quite true. The difference is that GoW3 will obliterate Dante's Inferno in sales. Probably both versions combined. And there's no doubt amongst anybody that GoW3 will be a better game.

Bayonetta is more like Devil May Cry (actually, after playing the demo, it IS DMC, but they made the protagonist female and somehow even more pretentious than before), so it's not a very good comparison.

Come to think of it, inFamous vs. Prototype wasn't a very good comparison. inFamous is GTA-TFU, while Prototype is GTA-Spiderman.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

I'm very excited about Dante's Inferno!! God of War 3 will be a great game, but I feel it will be ripped apart by Dante's Inferno.

Around the Network
Neos said:
I think Dante's inferno will be much better than GoW3 (i don't like the timeset etc)

uh...Who doesn't like Greek mythology ?

And 

Sequel to 2 of the best games ever made vs  New rip-off IP

What are the chance of dante's inferno being better ?

Dante's inferno plays a bit slower than GOW III and Bayonetta. will probably reach a slightly different audience though

Slimebeast said:
I'm very excited about Dante's Inferno!! God of War 3 will be a great game, but I feel it will be ripped apart by Dante's Inferno.

Could you explain why? Let me give reasons for my point of view:

-Santa Monica >>>>>>>>> EA

-Visceral seems to be spending their time thinking up disgusting new ad campaigns, rather than developing.

-They're overdoing the grossness factor. Even God of War doesn't have (male) genitalia everywhere...

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Hm, another comparison thread about yet-to-be-released games? I'm in.
Bayonetta will kill 'em all. The end.

Slimebeast said:

ROFL !

This is exactly what I mean by 360 fan denial.You don't seem to own a PS3. Your "sad" when PS3 outsells 360. That just proves what I said in the OP.

Did you read the OP man ?

Dante's Inferno did rip apart God of War's concept.

GoW 3 Metacritic > Dante's Inferno Metacritic

GoW 3 sales > DI sales combined 360 + PS3