By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Vgchartz ranking game--Uncharted 2!!!!

Wonktonodi said:
so is the voting closed yet?

Nope

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
MikeB said:

Best and most beautiful game I have played so far!

Agreed ALMOST 100%. I still give the nod to top graphics on consoles to Killzone 2. But you know, that's another thread.

Killzone 2 IMO has the edge in at least one regard and that's the death sequence animations, but I know of no other game which is as good in that regard. With regard to lighting Uncharted features awesome HDR effects and Killzone 2 an amazing amount of light sources, so IMO about equal. General animations and physics is awesome in both games as well.

But Uncharted 2 features a lot more impressive and divers environments with regard to detail. Killzone 2 IMO has the edge with regard to surround sound.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Easily the best game this gen for me. I wouldn't really give a game a 10 but seeing as how they're given out all willy nilly of late........ And looking at the other games and their scores in this thread (I'm looking at you SFIV) Uncharted 2 definitely deserves a 10

I'll give my take in

there is nothing like it, blown me away ever minute i played, best game ever

Around the Network

9.9 - The best game of this gen.

Pros:
-Awesome graphics - there is still an amount of noticeable clipping but that's to be expected. I don't know if anyone else has noticed as I've never seen it mentioned but it has some pretty noticeable higher mapped resolution load in issues kind of like how shadows load in once you get closer to buildings in AC2. Not a big issue given that the game is breathtaking but in certain places it is noticeable. It's still a technical marvel.

-Excellent story-telling - I think people often confuse a good story with good story telling. For me the Uncharted series makes a good use of combining holes in history and mysteries of the world but it's not the story that makes the game shine. For me it's the story-telling. It's the way the story is experienced through the characters (which are extremely well acted) and the environments. I find it similar to Shadow of the Colossus. The story is decent and basic on the surface level but it's the story-telling and emotion invoked in the player that carries the game to be a classic.

-Multiplayer better than expected - I'm not a big fan of multiplayer and I actually don't like the idea of tacking on multiplayer to any given game just to make it another checkmark on a feature list (I'm looking at you Bioshock 2...) but I love the cooperative game modes in Uncharted 2.

Cons:
-The game sort of suffers from what I like to call "Call of Duty Syndrome". This becomes more apparent during the later levels in the game. It's where the game just keeps throwing enemies at you in bigger and bigger waves without changing the dynamics of the battle field. The enemies get stronger and can dish out more damage but the same strategies seem to work on almost all if not all battles. It just made the last few chapters of the game feel longer than they should have to me.

-Sometimes flaky platforming - The platforming in UC2 (and UC) has always felt flaky to me. The parts that are done right are often much to simplistic and don't involve much thought from the player while more difficult areas are generally due to awkward camera angles and not being sure if you're pointing in the right direction before jumping. Maybe is because I compare platforming games to last gen's PoP trilogy (which in my mind absolutely nailed it!) but this gen seems to have simplified platformers to a point where it just isn't engaging (excluding Mario and LBP and the AC series partially - even the new PoP sucked at platforming!).

I want to add more but I fear I'll run out of time :P

My Score: 9.2

10/10

best game this gen, nothing comes close

9.5/10

+Story
+Music
+Action Cinematic Sequences
+Gameplay
+Technically Proficient
+Online Coop
+Character Design
+Voice Acting

Umm can I give it a 15 out of 10? It's that effing good.

Do I even need to explain? Just read every other post.