By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide Hardware Numbers UP for week of Black Friday

TheThunder said:
NJ5 said:
Unfortunately console sales as a whole are down from last year.

PSP, 360 and the Wii are down by a good margin compared to last year.

DS and PS3 are UP and by A LOT.

DS = Monster, but yet normal.

Wii = Below expectations, but yet normal.

PS3 = Way above expectations, surprise.

360 =  Way below expectations, surprise.

PSP = Normal.

Around the Network

Wii back over a mil, PS3 beating 360 in Americas, Japan neck and neck between Wii and PS3. Interesting stuff all around.

NJ5 said:

PS3 & DS are UP MASSIVELY YOY!

thats all that matters

PS3 & DS FTW!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

masterb8tr said:
360 will be destroyed in others this Christmas. A 360 Pricecut next year is very likely imo, what happens then:p

isn't it extreamely cheap in Others compared to PS3 in others?

PS3beats360 said:
There will be a lot of happy PS3 fans seeing these sales numbers. But some really unhappy 360 fans seeing how far off it was from PS3 sales numbers. The sales gap between PS3 and 360 will be be between 3 and 4 million by the end of 2009. December will futher reduce the total sales gap.

PS3 will never be outsold by XBox 360 in weekly sales for the rest of this generation.

one thing we've learned for this generation is to not take things for granted. MS will have to cut the price next year(maybe include natal for the same price) we will just have to wait and see.

Around the Network
NJ5 said:

I figured it would happen 2008 was just a monster year in the industry, it'd be hard to hit those numbers again until the market grows even more.

Btw isn't this the first week in a while Wii > PS3 in Japan? Wasn't last week about even?

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

ps3/xbox 360 gap in others now 310k stay tuned for the outselling
PS3 at 750k+ WW omg
360 sales bombed this week very hard
DS MONSTER MONSTER 1 mil in america nintendo should be extremely wealthy in a single week
Wii million seller in one week lol

TheThunder said:
NJ5 said:

PSP, 360 and the Wii are down by a good margin compared to last year.

I meant Wii+PS3+360:

Last year: 1291k / 399k / 762k respectively. Total = 2452k

This year: 1059k / 762k / 472k respectively. Total = 2293k (6.5% down)

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Love all these numbers, especialyl PS3.

Can't wait for it to pass the 360 in EU/Others

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

masterb8tr said:
PS3beats360 said:
There will be a lot of happy PS3 fans seeing these sales numbers. But some really unhappy 360 fans seeing how far off it was from PS3 sales numbers. The sales gap between PS3 and 360 will be be between 3 and 4 million by the end of 2009. December will futher reduce the total sales gap.

PS3 will never be outsold by XBox 360 in weekly sales for the rest of this generation.

one thing we've learned for this generation is to not take things for granted. MS will have to cut the price next year(maybe include natal for the same price) we will just have to wait and see.

Remember though

PS3 is STILL at $299 +

Its not at a mass makret price yet

When it gets to $199 we may see a 1 Million + Ps3 week on black friday!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey