Forums - Sales Discussion - Capcom opinions on Zack&Wiki sales

Avalach21 said:
konnichiwa said:
Avalach21 said:
konnichiwa said:
Desroko said:
konnichiwa said:
Sqrl said:
HS had huge advertising, it had half a dozen spots on every NFL game for 2 weeks. I haven't seen a single advert for Z&W, much less a high profile ad like that. The only advertising so far has been from word of mouth.

I understand it but that is only nintendo's fault, they should have advertised it then.

If you want to say that sales are indicative of a flop right now, go ahead. But I don't think I ever called HS a flop.

I am not talking about you SQL, I was talking in general.

When the HS sales were there a lot of people were calling it a failure and were laughing with it

Now it is the same situation but with a Wii game and of course some Sony fanatics wants revenge.

What did you thought? That they should shut up about it?

I know this would happen.

You dont seriously think the two situations are comparable, do you?

Do you think Sony fans care if they are comparable or not? Serious?

@avalach21 Yes I see it and yes I agree.

I am just surprised that people didn't expected that PS fans will be trolling about it

Would we expect any less from the PS fans...?

Wait, did you just admit that you were trolling?

Wait are you calling this trolling: I understand it but that is only nintendo's fault, they should have advertised it then. ?????

If you think it is trolling okay then it is, but I don't see what is wrong with saying that
Nintendo should have advertised it more and why that makes it trolling?

haha i was teasing you about the trolling 

Haha......(Don't put to much atten on me now, it is 09.18 A.M here in Europe and I had still not sleep and my bos just called me that I have to work till 06.00 PM and I normally just had to work for two hours.

I am going to kill him.

Around the Network

I think what really matters is that CAPCOM is happy with the sales so far. As long as they in the end have the impression they can successfully sell good quality games with a profit on the Wii, I am fine with anyone on here crying: Failure.

Seriously, who cares as long as Capcom continues its support for the Wii.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

totally agree jammy2211, by the time it reaches us over here in December all of the retailers will be fully aware of what it is and as a cheaper title that appeals to a whole family going into christmas I reckon it may just get to be some shops deal of the day etc.

I think it'll be picked upon quite well, also I noticed japans sales were almost double in week 2 with 11,000 than week 1. That also tells me that interest is on the incline there and it may just be around for a while, Phoenix Wright all over again.

Those people that think they're perfect give a bad reputation to us who are... 

"With the DS, it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen, but I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that." - Phil Harrison, Sony

Europe is more adventure minded anyway, so I think Z&W will do good on our side of the pond.
It should be able to sell 200,000 copies lifetime, which is not bad for an experimental game, cell shaded, point & click.

Desroko said:
eclipse27 said:
EnosStory said:
Just a excuses for a big flop, nothing more.

I agree with you man, if there was 1 or a 2 in front of that 29,000, everyone on here would be going nuts, Wii this and that, but that is not what happened.

I don't doubt its a good game, but dont make excuses when it stumbles out of the gate and doesnt make expectations (whatever they were) if it was exclusive on the X360 or PS3 and did the same numbers, its a flop, but because its exclusive to Wii and do these numbers, then its retailers not pushing on the shelves or whatever.

Let's all be fair across the board thats all

It beat my expectations. A new IP point and click game with no advertising and little interest from retailers? I'm surprised it went as high as it did. 

"These new users screaming "Bias!" when they've been here all of five minutes are getting seriously annoying. Learn a few things before you talk." 

@Desroko

"These new users screaming "Bias!" when they've been here all of five minutes are getting seriously annoying. Learn a few things before you talk. "

This is your response to me after you read my post. Fine, I have no problem with that  However, for starters i been this on site since April or May (maybe even earlier i'm not sure) so that adds up to more than 5 minutes, guy (get your facts straight on that)

Secondly, the reason I don't post more on VGChartz is because of the Wii fanatics ready to bite your head if there is anything negative said about the Wii. It's not about pointing the finger and saying haha, all that hype and low sales out of the gate. I play any game that is good regardless of any system.

When it comes to video games (software), music, DVD sales. etc. , first-week sales are critical to the long term success of the said product.  Read what I said , I said that I don't doubt its a good game, but if a company doesn't let know people know whats out there by marketing, then that just tells the general public the company don't believe enough in that product to give it the proper marketing.  Of course, Capcom is going to tell the general public that they are pleased with early sales.  They know what they have and have not done for it from jump

Around the Network

@eclipse

http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=4030

In Japan, sold 250k in its first week and quickly dropped to 10k. Lifetime sales = 10 million.

@Sqrl
(not sure if this was actually you and was edited out, or something that was added by a later quoter, but!)
Nintendo is not responsible for advertising third party games on their console. Period, end of story. No console publisher is. If they aren't advertised it is not Nintendo's fault.

I agree that Nintendo COULD have advertised it more. Damn, I've received their last mail and the first game advertised is Guitar Hero III, not even mentioned Zack & Wiki, barely BWii and FE...

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

game looks good for me--thats all i need to know

Nintendo doesn't have to advertise third party games! Nintendo doesn't have to advertise third party games!

CAPCOM should have advertised it more. They published it, NOT NINTENDO.

@choirsoftheeye 

http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=4030 In Japan, sold 250k in its first week and quickly dropped to 10k. Lifetime sales = 10 million.

I understand what you are trying to say, but Z&W in no way can compare to Pokemon.

Pokemon is a cross-cultural phenom with a following unlike any other (think of the target audience) that has at least a decade-long legacy through video games (mainly Nintendo handhelds), when Z&W (Wii exclusive) is a fresh new IP just getting off the ground.

I plan on getting a copy when i get my Wii for Xmas im convinced that I will be happy with the game. Capcom has done a shotty job of promoting the game properly.