By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official World Cup 2010 Draw Thread - December 4th at 17 GMT

Kasz216 said:
Also.

I predict...

Brazil
USA
France
Cote D'Ivorie.

Lol Thats a bit pessimistic isnt it?

Around the Network
pastro243 said:
Kasz216 said:
Also.

I predict...

Brazil
USA
France
Cote D'Ivorie.

Nah, despite claims to the opposite.  I think Fifa will feel the need to punish France... and that's about as bad as it could get for france.

Kasz216 said:
pastro243 said:
Kasz216 said:
Also.

I predict...

Brazil
USA
France
Cote D'Ivorie.

Nah, despite claims to the opposite.  I think Fifa will feel the need to punish France... and that's about as bad as it could get for france.

Yeah, well, it's also as bad as it could get for Brazil, USA and Cote d'Ivoire...

I feel ignorant, but, how do they pick the groups? I mean, could FIFA benefit teams if they wanted to?

pastro243 said:
I feel ignorant, but, how do they pick the groups? I mean, could FIFA benefit teams if they wanted to?

There's always the theory of the "hot ball", one ball containing the nation FIFA wants to be chosen warmer than the others, so the one who has to pick the ball is instructed to pick the warmest.

Or maybe it was coldest...I don't remember, anyway, that's what's it's always suspected

Around the Network
pastro243 said:

of course not......

i think chile,whoever they get,have a very good chance of getting out the group,could be a surprise quarters this year.....

Above & Beyond

so zexen,seeing as you hate argentina,you are looking for the group of death no?

i said this group on the other thread,not sure if there is a group of death,but this would be tough

argentina,france,ghana,mexico

as would the one you chose.....

Above & Beyond

zuvuyeay said:
pastro243 said:

of course not......

i think chile,whoever they get,have a very good chance of getting out the group,could be a surprise quarters this year.....

I hope so, Im very confident on the players, but it would be hard with one of the big ones and Portugal in the same group.

Anyway, who would FIFA benefit now? Asuming the theory Zexen said is true.

zuvuyeay said:
so zexen,seeing as you hate argentina,you are looking for the group of death no?

i said this group on the other thread,not sure if there is a group of death,but this would be tough

argentina,france,ghana,mexico

as would the one you chose.....

I don't hate Argentina, I just don't give a damn. But yeah, getting France or Portugal, Mexico and any African nation other than Algeria would severely compromise the (rather tiny) chances of the Selección

Pastro, I'd think they'd try to benefit Brazil, and maybe South Africa. Brazil is always drawing a lot of spectators, and they have to ensure they pass. As for South Africa, it's the host nation, and hosts have always easy groups

In France 98

France
Denmark
South Africa
Saudi Arabia

in Japan Korea 02

Korea
Portugal
Poland
USA (no one was expecting USA to be good)

Japan
Russia
Belgium
Tunisia

in Germany 06

Germany
Ecuador
Poland
Costa Rica

All rather accessible groups

I just hope Netherlands makes it all the way.... >_

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."