By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VideoGame Generation: which was your favorite? Also, what console.....?

What exactly is the PS2 "The Daddy" of? Even if you are a diehard Sony fan, wouldn't the PSX be "The daddy"

My favorite generation, or at least the one in which I have the fondest memories, is 8bit. So many great games, and fun was all that mattered. The whole graphics comparison cancer didn't really start until 16 bit, so all that mattered was really how fun the games were.

Some fond memories:

SMB3
Punchout
Yo Noid!
Kid Icarus
Megaman 2,3
Legend of Zelda

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X
Around the Network

I have to vote for the 8-bit Generation. There has never been a time to which there were so many great games that you could spend hours and hours playing as well as being able to replay the games over and over again.
Nor has there yet to be a time that compares to how difficult games could be. Since the 8-bit generation all games have gotten easier and dumbed down considerably. This is my biggest disappointment with gaming in general. Also games are getting too damned short.

The 16-bit Generation had it's moments, but still does not compare to the 8-bit one.

The 32 bit generation easily.

MGS1,
Crash Bandicoot 1-3,
Spyro 1-3,
CTR,
Rayman,
Resident Evil 1-3,
GT 1-2,

So many good games, so many memories, so much fun...

The 5th Gen/32 Bit Era!
Console: Sony Playstation!
Fav Games: FF VIII, FF IX, FF Tactics, Legend of Dragoon, Chrono Cross, Hoshigami, Brigandine, PE 1 & 2, RE 2 & 3, Dino Crisis 2, Soul Edge, Tekken 3, Gran Turismo, Winning Eleven series, etc etc etc...

n64,snes,ps1,ps2,sega saturn,pc

ocarina of time=best zelda game of all time
guardian heroes
dragon force
all the ps1 rpg classic like xenogears,vagrant story,wild arms,suikoden 2,breath of fire
illusion of gaia
chrono trigger
most of the snes
classic fps on pc games

BEST GAME EVER CASTLEVANIA SOTN

owner of ps3,xbox360,pc,mac,wii,ds,psp

03 honda cbr600rr

98 db8 integra sir-g

Around the Network

sorry 16 and 32 bit

owner of ps3,xbox360,pc,mac,wii,ds,psp

03 honda cbr600rr

98 db8 integra sir-g

Dvd era I loved my ps2 my favorite game was final fantasy x first ff game I ever played and so far my favorite

7th gen. Favorite console Xbox 360. Favorite new game Gears of War.

I wouldve voted for PC as my favorite console but PC technically spans all gens and doesnt really count for 1 single gen

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

I played a hell of a lot of previous gens, and it would be hard to select my favorite, however I was by and large a PC addict for most of those generations. So for consoles I'd have to go with the current gen "HD Era/Generation"

Gears of War series/Fallout 3/Lost Odyssey/Uncharted/Valkyria Chronicles... Good freaking stuff here recently.

My pick is the 16 bit generation. It was the height of 2D gaming. My favorite console was the SNES.

My second favorite is the 32 bit generation, with the N64 as my favorite console. Unfortunately, most games from this era have aged very poorly as compared to the 16 bit generation.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
Switch - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (2014/2017)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links