By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VideoGame Generation: which was your favorite? Also, what console.....?

The 7th gen,I just love how games just get better and better each gen

console xbox 360

game Halo 3

Proud suporter of the Xbox family

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Infinity said:
Turbo-Graphx 16 is superior to both SNES and Genesis and in no way is comparable to the original NES 8-bit generation. Have you ever played one, CGI-Quality? Yes it was the first entry into the 16 bit generation and did not sell as well as SNES and Genesis, but it is firmly in the 16 bit generation. It had 16 bit CD quality sound, superior to the SNES and Genesis, and 16 bit graphics, similar to SNES, and generally better than Genesis.

Great. Now what's your vote? I already knew all of what you said, and it isn't relevant to voting.

If you are putting the NES AND TG-16 in the same gen, then clearly this generation has all the other ones beat. It's more of a toss up though if the NES gets separated and the TG-16 has to compete against it as the representative from the 16-bit gen.

HD Era.

Console - PS3

Games - MGS4, Uncharted 2, FFXIII, God of War 3, and Heavy Rain.

I'm praying for Persona 5 on PS3, I would go nuts if it was announced!

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

6th generation/dvd era
Dreamcast, my all time favorite, awesome games like shenmue 1,2, sonic adventure, soul calibur, headhunter, nomad soul, crazy taxi, resident evil code veronica, virtua striker 2, virtua athlete 2k, virtua tennis 1,2, power stone 2, crazy taxi, ikaruga, jet set radio.
PS2 - most complete library ever.
Xbox and Gamecube - not as strong as PS2, but quite solid consoles.

CGI-Quality said:
CrashMan said:
What exactly is the PS2 "The Daddy" of? Even if you are a diehard Sony fan, wouldn't the PSX be "The daddy"

My favorite generation, or at least the one in which I have the fondest memories, is 8bit. So many great games, and fun was all that mattered. The whole graphics comparison cancer didn't really start until 16 bit, so all that mattered was really how fun the games were.

Some fond memories:

SMB3
Punchout
Yo Noid!
Kid Icarus
Megaman 2,3
Legend of Zelda

You don't understand the label, which has nothing to do with being a "die-Hard" Sony fan either. There isn't a console that has done what's it's done for console gaming.......... not yet at least. With this knowledge, it was nicknamed "The Daddy"!

Understand now?

Nope, still don't understand.  I can see MAYBE having that perspective if you were born after 1993.  The NES pulled the entire console gaming industry out of the grave.  The PS2 just expanded the market, which the Wii is doing now.  If anything, the NES should be "The Daddy" by that criterion.

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X
Around the Network

This generation, though this is my first generation of being really into gaming. I am a graphicswhore though, which is just one reason why I dislike most old games.

And the PS3 is my favorite console. Because I own one.

The original Playstation.

The 6th for me.

The PS2 is by far my favorite console of all time.

i have been a gamer for more than 15 years, but just this (7º) gen i have open my door to consoles... have a ps2 and have play alot of ps1 games in my neighbors house... have played alot of sonic in mega drive (aka genesis) also some games in master system, but just recall the alex kid... nes i have tried the duck hunt... funny stuff... only mario game i try was in gameboy (all of these in friends and family houses)... well i play alot of consoles but they never make me gave up on my PC... just this HD gen (ps3) keep me away from my PC... my favorite game is MGS4 ...

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

I vote for 16 bit. Genesis has my heart with Rock'n'Roll Racing, Comix Zone and Road Rash