By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VideoGame Generation: which was your favorite? Also, what console.....?

32-Bit Generation

Around the Network

This is a difficult one. I enjoyed every gen you listed (even those before) but Ill have to go with:

DVD Generation (6th): The BIG Daddy (ps2)

-Suikoden 3/4/5
-Xenosaga's
-All things Shin Megami
-Rogue Galaxy
-Summoner 2
-FFX
-Playing all my wonderful ps1 games

Xbox
-Armed and Dangerous (this game had the best weapon EVER in video games...the shark GUN!)
-KOTOR's

My favorite game of all time does not fit into this category, but overall this was my favorite. Its Crystalis on the NES, for completeness sake of course.

16 bit for me
Final Fantasy 6, Chrono Trigger, LttP, Street Fighter 2, Mortal Kombat, Super Mario kart= wasted years on these games.. xD

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

My favorite would be the 32bit gen. I have played every system from every gen and the SEGA Saturn is the one I played the most. Not a huge library compared to its competitors but the games that SEGA put out this era were top notch with NiGHTS being my personal favorite.

The Hd gen, it helps that I'm finally into gaming. With the Gamecube and the N64 I had like 6 games total that I'd play every once in a while.

Key Games: Endless Ocean, Punch-Out!, Wii fit, Wii Sports Resort, Resident Evil 4, RE: Darkside Chronicles, Band Hero, Boom Blox, Eduardo The Samuria Toaster

Warrior of Light #66

"I'm not illiterate, my parents were married!"

3DS FC: 2878 9589 2016

Around the Network

32 bit> all
N64> All

That is all I need to say

Turbo-Graphx 16 is superior to both SNES and Genesis and in no way is comparable to the original NES 8-bit generation. Have you ever played one, CGI-Quality? Yes it was the first entry into the 16 bit generation and did not sell as well as SNES and Genesis, but it is firmly in the 16 bit generation. It had 16 bit CD quality sound, superior to the SNES and Genesis, and 16 bit graphics, similar to SNES, and generally better than Genesis.

Fav Gen - 6th
Fav Console - Gamecube

Fave Games:

Wind Waker, Melee, Thousand Year Door, Rogue Squadron II and III, Resident Evil 0 and 4, Metroid Prime, Star Fox: Adventures, Time Splitters: Future Perfect, Battalion Wars

16 bit generation for me.

Games that made the 16 bit era a time i will forever cherish................

Streets of Rage
Streets of Rage 2
Streets of Rage 3
Sonic
Sonic 2
Sonic 3
Sonic and Knuckles
Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
Revenge of Shinobi
Castle of illusion: Starring Mickey mouse
Earthworm Jim
Outrun
Super mario world
Super mario world 2: Yoshi's island
Mortal Kombat
Mortal Kombat 2
Mortal Kombat 3
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
Road Rash
PGA tour golf 2
Eternal Champions
Micro machines: turbo edition
Kid Chameleon
Golden axe
Ecco the dolphin
Street Fighter II: World warriors
Super Street Fighter 2
Ristar
Vectorman
Doom
Killer Instinct
Donkey Kong Country
Super Mario Kart
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kongs Quest
Comix Zone
Dick Tracy
Royal Rumble
Art of Fighting
Shadow Dancer: The Secret of Shinobi
Ghouls 'n' Ghosts
Premier Manager '95

And last but not least.............. RISE OF THE ROBOTS....... (ok, ok, i'm kidding )

64 bit generation with the N64. Going to be a little bit biased because that is where I started gaming more passionately but still my favorite generation. N64 is still my favorite console and for good reason. So many wonderful games that really defined my childhood. Not to mention was a great party console with games to play with friends all the time.

In a close second would definitely be this generation with a tie between my Wii and 360. I work them in conjunction so I am definitely that Wii60 crowd. But of course that's not to discredit my PS3... just doesn't get used as much and Outlaw never lets a day pass without telling me that.