By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VideoGame Generation: which was your favorite? Also, what console.....?

my favorite gen is the 7th gen, the ps3 is my favorite of all the consoles, and my favorite game is also from this gen, fire emblem radiant dawn on the WII, i got into gaming in the 16 bit gen with the SNES, but this gen is truly the gen that ive played games atleast 2 hours per day

Around the Network

32 Bit generation:

The golden era for JRPGs - Final Fantasy 7 and 9, Xenogears, Chrono Cross, Suikoden 2
The golden era for 3d platfoermers - Crash Bandicoot, Super Matio 64, Rayman, Banjo Kazooie.
The goldn era for PC gaming - Half Life, Deus Ex, Planescape: Torment.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

6th/DVD Generation, with the PS2 as my personal favorite.

Its library was just so damn good. Nothing (excluding PC) really comes close in my opinion.

5th gen, because it contained the greatest console of all time, the Nintendo 64!

Favorite Generation : 32-Bit Generation
Favorite Console: PlayStation

Games that made it the best:

- Metal Gear Solid
- Parasite Eve 1,2
- Final Fantasy 7,8,9
- Legend of Dragoon
- Legend of Legaia
- Persona 1,2, 2.5
- Silent Hill
- Resident Evil 1.2.3
- Chrorno Cross
- Xenogears
- Ace Combat 3
- Alundra 1,2
- Deception III
- Crash Bandicoot games
- Dino Crisis 1,2
- Driver 1,2
- Fear Effect
- SoulBlade
- Koudelka
- Tenchu 1,2
- Vanguard Bandits
- Vagrant Story
- Tomb Raider 1.2
- Syphon Filter 1.2.3
- Suikoden 1,2
- Tekken 2,3
- Clock Tower 1,2
- Incredible Crisis
- Gran Turismo 1,2
- Ghost in the Shell
- Front Mission 3
- Evil Zone

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Around the Network

16 bit generation
SNES
Contra 3

I remember when games were difficult :(

32-Bit Generation - 6 PLAY STATION

I agree with nen-suer abaut the games

7th generation.

PS3 does everything.... It could potentially emulate every game system before it except maybe the 360, and Wii if you want to talk about the controllers not having dept perception. But, it's my 1st most used console, with my sega genesis actually directly behind my PS3 in usage... Simply because my PS2 collection dropped from 45 to 13....

That's all I care to say, but, that's not all, you get the point. BTW, you shouldn't call generations by DVD, or HD, or whatever, because that honestly confuses me.. I've never said this as being the HD generation, I've always refered to it as the 7th, and the PS2 gen as the 6 gen, and the SEGA Genesis' generation as the 4th gen

Favorite gen was DVD/6th gen. Favorite console was PS2 or "the Daddy" xD

Alot of great RPGs on that system, with the likes of Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts. God of War started there. There was Metal Gear Solid games. It really just had it all. If it wasn't for my PC, it would have been all i played back then.

Currently own: PC (duh), SNES, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP.